MRN at the SEMA Show
- “How to Recruit Next-Gen Talent in the Rep Industry,” with Amy Hirsh Robinson, principal at Interchange Consulting Group
- “Future Automotive Trends Affecting Reps: OE, Manufacturers, WDs,” with Gavin Knapp, senior market research manager for SEMA
- “Trends in Healthcare: How Rep Agencies Navigate Obamacare,” with Gladys Zolna Esq., partner at Freeborn & Peters LLP
- “How MRERF Can Help Reps Conduct Business,” with Karen Jefferson, CSP, CMPR and executive director of MRERF
- “Business Apps for Reps,” with Tyler Tanaka, president of Cie Studios
- “Reps as SDC Receivers—Value Add Proposition,” with Jon Wyly, president and CEO of SEMA Data Co-op
Two MRN awards were also presented at the roundtable meeting, including an MRN Hall of Fame induction and the Sales Team Annual Recognition award.
Hall of Fame
To be nominated for the MRN Hall of Fame, a candidate must have been involved in the industry for a minimum of 10 years, made significant contributions toward enhancing the professionalism, dignity and/or general stature and growth of the manufacturers’ rep industry and acted with a high degree of integrity within the industry. The inductee for 2014 was the late Jerry Nuñez of Innovative Marketing Services.
The Sales Team Annual Recognition (STAR) award is presented to the most outstanding manufacturers’ sales team, as voted by the general membership of MRN. The comprehensive criteria include, among other elements, dealing professionally with manufacturers’ representatives, providing timely and accurate updates on products and company policies, introducing new products and updated products as demand warrants, and considering manufacturers’ representatives and customers’ comments when developing products and forecasting. The award for 2014 went to Strattec, represented at the presentation by Erika Garcia.
Garcia and Strattec deliver the utmost in professionalism when dealing with their manufacturers’ representatives. They are available, participatory, knowledgeable and leaders in the field. Strattec understands and values the industry’s need for manufacturers representatives. The team provides manufacturers’ representatives with appropriate tools and works with them in the field and side by side at various trade shows throughout the year. Strattec’s sales team is exemplary of an MRN STAR award winner. Under Garcia’s guidance, the team has done all the right things for working with reps.