SEMA Member News—September/October 2013
Meet With SEMA Family at Networking Mixer During PWA Conference
2013 YEN Fellowship Program
Entering its third year, SEMA’s YEN Fellowship program has created a mechanism to help fund travel expenses for 10 young professionals to the annual SEMA Show, to be held this year November 5–8. The Fellowship program is an exclusive YEN-member benefit that is made available to SEMA-member company employees under the age of 40. Participants are asked to take part in a number of specific Show events, including the SEMA Awards Banquet, the YEN Reception and SEMA Education Institute seminars, all of which are focused on developing Fellowship recipients’ business skills and expanding their professional networks.
“The YEN Fellowship program is another great example of SEMA’s commitment to engage and support the next generation of SEMA leaders,” said Nathan Ridnouer, SEMA’s vice president of councils and membership. “Through their participation in the annual SEMA Show, these young professionals will gain access to career-enhancing educational programs and networking events and leverage the experience to bring more value to their employers.”
SEMA Show Networking Lunch Opportunity
Please join YEN members at the SEMA Member Lounge at two reserved tables November 5–8, 2013, from 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m., for networking over lunch. Lunch can be purchased in the lounge.
YEN Awards Reception
Each year, YEN recognizes top individuals for their contributions to the industry in the largest young professionals’ network in the auto industry. Please join YEN in recognizing the winners of these awards at the 2013 YEN Reception on November 5 from 5:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m. at the Las Vegas Hotel. Table games will be featured, and food and beverages will be served during the casino-night-themed awards reception.
SEMA Launch Pad, Presented By YEN
Looking to be seen by industry movers and shakers, heard by industry juggernauts and win an amazing marketing and promotional prize package? YEN celebrates the next generation of automotive entrepreneurs by announcing the inaugural SEMA Launch Pad competition, which will take place at the 2013 SEMA Show. The winner will receive a prize package that will include:
- One full-page, four-color ad in SEMA News magazine.
- One 10x10-ft. booth at the 2014 SEMA Show.
- Web consultation and development time from eTool Developers.
- Public relations and social media consultation from Kahn Media.
- Manufacturers’ rep consultation from the Manufacturers Representative Network.
- An ad in Hot Rod or 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazines from Source Interlink Media.
- Marketing, creative, design and/or production from Taylor Creative Company.
- An event-level sponsorship package to either a Family Events truck and off-road group property or a Family Events performance car group property from Family Events.
- Consulting services that can include warehouse design/layout, inventory optimization analysis and tech integration from UPS.
This new competition offers innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs under the age of 40 an industry platform to showcase their business plans for marketing a new automotive product or service. Through this competition, five finalists will pitch their business plans to industry leaders (the judges) in a live event on stage at the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The Launch Pad judges will then select and award the winning YEN executive with a prize package designed to help take his or her business to the next level.
For application information, visit here.