SEMA Member News—November/December 2013
Exclusive Benefits for SEMA-Member Buyers at the 2013 SEMA Show
- MBR Lounge (located in the SEMA Members Lounge in the Las Vegas Convention Center North Hall, Room N251): Complimentary coffee, water and snacks Tuesday through Friday during Show hours. Access to Happy Hour in the Lounge from 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and from 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Dedicated MBR Taxi Line: available in front of North and South Halls from 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. Tuesday–Thursday and 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Monorail: One complimentary one-way monorail ticket for each of the first 500 member buyers. Tickets are available at the MBR Lounge.
- Reserved Seating: Best seats for the New Products Breakfast, featuring the SEMA Award Press Conference (Tuesday) and the NHRA Breakfast (Wednesday). Tickets are required and space is limited. Plan to arrive early!
Pre-registered member buyers were mailed their MBR cards in mid-October. Those who have not received their cards can pick them up in the MBR Lounge during Show hours. To learn more about SEMA membership and these exclusive rewards, visit the membership team in the Association Center (Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center).
Stop by the Association Center to Learn More About the Benefits Available to You
Be sure to stop by the Association Center located in the Grand Lobby between the North and Central Halls.
SEMA has many business resources and cost-saving programs available to members. It can be difficult to know which apply, so members often don’t take full advantage of the opportunities.
Whether your company is a manufacturer, a retailer, a jobber, a distributor, a rep firm or an installer, SEMA has tools available for you and your employees. To ensure that you’re making the most of your SEMA membership, visit the Association Center and talk with SEMA staff and representatives from each of SEMA’s member-benefit partners to find out which programs can help your company save money and which can help your company make more money.
In only a few minutes, you can learn from SEMA staff and member-benefit partners which programs are applicable to your company and how easy it is to take advantage of the resources. The following are just a few of SEMA’s business resources and solutions that you can learn about while at the SEMA Show:
- Shipping and Logistics (shipping solutions and services from UPS)
- Business Insurance (liability, property, workers’ compensation insurance and more from Specialty Equipment Insurance Alliance—SEIA)
- Merchant Credit-Card Program (CarCareONE Consumer financing program through GE Capital)
- Credit-Card Processing (discounted credit-card processing solutions with First Data)
If you plan to attend the SEMA Banquet Thursday night, you will also pick up your tickets inside the Association Center.
Need Meeting Space Off the Show Floor?
If you need a place to meet with a small group (10 or fewer) while at the SEMA Show, the SEMA Members Lounge has meeting space available at no charge to member exhibitors and buyers. (Sorry, according to the Show rules, non-exhibiting manufacturers and members otherwise not eligible to exhibit are not permitted to use the meeting rooms.) Reserve your meeting room prior to the Show now. To check room availability during the Show, please visit the meeting room check-in counter located inside the Members Lounge.
The Members Lounge is a convenient place to grab a hot or cold lunch, network with other SEMA members, access a computer with a printer and Internet service or charge your cell phone. The Members Lounge will be open during Show hours. A hot lunch will be available for purchase from 11:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m. daily and—new this year—a cold “Grab ‘N’ Go” meal can be purchased any time during SEMA Show hours.
If you are a buyer attending the 2013 SEMA Show and your company is not already a SEMA member, join now by visiting www.SEMA.org, or stop by the Association Center to enjoy the MBR benefits.