By SEMA Editors
The SEMA Show is driven by connections, and brings exhibitors, buyers and media from around the world together for the automotive aftermarket’s most valuable, in-person, transformative business experience.
The Las Vegas Convention Center is annually reshaped into the definitive gathering place of the world’s professional automotive community, where the industry’s sights and sounds combine to create an energy that fuels the imagination, sparks new trends, expands business relationships and drives the industry forward.
Exhibitors have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with buyers from all segments of the aftermarket, and can conduct multiple meetings each day to create new business, or reinforce existing customer relationships. Meeting face-to-face is the ideal way to build trust and to communicate ideas more clearly, and it helps avoid potential distractions or the technical difficulties that can disrupt online meetings.
Here are some additional advantages of meeting in person.
- When you meet in person, you can read body language, see facial expressions, use context clues and better get to know someone’s personality.
- The automotive aftermarket prefers to meet face-to-face, without potential distractions or technical difficulties.
- It’s more effective to brainstorm, generate ideas and discuss what is working, and what is not, face-to-face.
- Conducting business in person provides the opportunity to engage in purposeful small talk, deepening relationships, loyalty and trust.
- Research shows face-to-face requests are 34 times more effective than those sent by email, and that a physical handshake promotes cooperation and influences negotiation outcomes for the better. (MIT’s Human Dynamics Lab)
- According to a study by Forbes Insight, 85% of people say they build stronger, more meaningful business relationships during in-person meetings and conferences.
- According to a study by the Harvard Review, 95% of people say face-to-face meetings are a key factor in successfully building and maintaining long-term business relationships.
The 2023 SEMA Show takes place Tuesday–Friday, October 31–November 3. For more information about the 2023 SEMA Show, visit www.SEMAShow.com. To exhibit, get started at www.SEMAShow.com/buyabooth.