SEMA has announced the Top 12 finalists in the eighth annual SEMA Battle of the Builders competition—the event that determines the builder the aftermarket community considers the best. These builders represent an elite group of individuals who have demonstrated extreme talent, creativity and craftsmanship in modifying cars, trucks and SUVs.
Back row, left to right: Simo Veharanta, Mark Giambalvo, Eddie Pettus, Jeremey Miranda, Bob Matranga, Mike Filion, and Dayton Jacobsen. Front row, left to right: Samantha Frazier, Chelsie Lesnoski, Cole Marten, Bryan Thompson, and Kamaka Pocock.
The 2021 Battle of the Builders Top 12 finalists are:
- Mike Fillion—’56 Oldsmobile 98
- Mark Giambalvo—’30 Ford Model A 2-Door Sedan
- Robert Matranga—’55 Chevrolet Bel Air
- Samantha Frazier—’73 Nissan Datsun 240Z
- Eddie Pettus—’61 Austin Healey Sprite
- Simo Veharanta—’82 Porsche 911 RSR
Truck & Off-Road
- Jeremy Miranda—’59 Chevrolet Apache
- Kamaka Pocock—’67 Chevrolet C10
- Bryan Thompson—’34 Ford Pickup
- Dayton Jacobson—’00 Chevrolet S10
- Chelsie Lesnoski—’93 Mazda RX-7 FD
- Cole Marten—’91 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR
Industry experts narrowed the field to select the Top 12 finalists, who will now judge one another on Friday at the SEMA Show and vote to determine who will be named the Ultimate Builder of the 2021 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition.
The SEMA Battle of the Builders winner will be announced before the start of SEMA Ignited, taking place after the trade-only SEMA Show closes, on Friday, November 5, from 3:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m., in the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) West Hall Parking Lot (300 Convention Center Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89109). Hundreds of vehicles will exit the Las Vegas Convention Center after the SEMA Show for the SEMA Cruise and make their way to SEMA Ignited. Formula DRIFT demonstrations, exhibitors, products and celebrities from the SEMA Show will be on-hand, along with food trucks, music and entertainment.
SEMA Ignited is open to the public and allows enthusiasts a chance to see many of the industry’s latest in automotive accessories on several of the 2021 SEMA Show vehicles that were on display during the Show.