By Della Domingo
Thousands of media will attend the SEMA Show, and many are preparing their SEMA Show coverage now. Exhibitors can increase the likelihood of being included in the media’s coverage by promoting their Show plans now.
One of the best tools for exhibitors to reach media is by posting press releases in the SEMA Show Online Media Center. To help exhibitors get their releases noticed by the media, below are some tips:
- Post early. Many publications, including SEMA News, run preview stories with deadlines beginning in July and August. Releases often run in the order they are submitted.
- Include a photo. Releases with photos are more likely to be used than those without photos.
- Have a strong and succinct headline. Make it concise and compelling to grab the attention of your reader.
- Avoid Jargon. Stick to the facts. Reporters are looking for news and will not report on the “best” or “greatest” products. They will, however, report on products that result in specific outcomes.
- Tag your Show category. The Online Media Center allows exhibitors the ability to select which Show categories their news falls under. Many editors use the search function to find news that is relevant to their audience.
A well-written press release with relevant content can make an impression, generate media coverage and ultimately drive traffic to an exhibitor’s booth.
Exhibitors can upload their press releases now using this link. For more information and tips, email SEMA PR at email@example.com.