By SEMA Washington, D.C., Staff
The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) granted exclusion requests for 202 List 3 products imported from China and subject to 25% tariffs. The products cover a wide variety of commodities including several auto parts, such as:
- Windshields of laminated safety glass (HTS 7007.21.1010)
- Rear-view mirrors (HTS 7009.10.0000)
- Hydraulic jacks (HTS 8425.42.0000)
- Camshafts for certain off-road vehicles and snowmobiles (HTS 8483.10.1030)
- Ignition coils for powersports vehicles including off-road vehicles, ATVs and motorcycles (HTS 8511.30.0080)
- Interior lighting equipment for vehicles (HTS 8512.20.2040)
- Steel or aluminum bumpers, other than stampings, for off-road vehicles (HTS 8708.10.3050)
- Certain aluminum radiators (HTS 8708.94.5000)
- Mufflers and exhaust pipes for ATVs and snowmobiles (HTS 8708.92.5000)
- Fabric automobile seat covers (HTS 8708.99.8180)
- Intercooler pipes of cast aluminum (HTS 8708.99.8180)
- Certain automobile seats (HTS 9401.20.0000)
The time period for List 3 exclusions is September 24, 2018, to August 7, 2020, regardless of when the exclusion request was granted. The time period for requesting an exclusion ended September 30, 2019.
An exclusion is product specific, not company specific. That means a company that did not request the exclusion may still benefit although the benefit may be narrowly applied. For example, the beneficiary company may need to demonstrate that its product’s technical specifications are related and the product can be used in the same manner as the excluded product.
Questions? Contact Stuart Gosswein at firstname.lastname@example.org.