By SEMA Editors
Recognizing that SEMA Show attendees come from more than 140 countries, organizers accommodate international visitors through several resources and events.
With 2,400 exhibiting manufacturers showcasing products that enhance a vehicle’s performance and styling, the SEMA Show is the world’s premier automotive trade event for discovering new innovations, trends and products. Held in Las Vegas, the annual B2B show is a global destination for auto-parts buyers worldwide.
“As automotive customization continues to grow throughout the world, international distributors are actively looking for top auto parts manufacturers to partner with,” said Linda Spencer, SEMA senior director, international and government affairs. “The SEMA Show is the ideal place for buyers to discover new products that their customers will want, regardless of what country they are from.”
Recognizing that SEMA Show attendees come from more than 140 countries, organizers accommodate international visitors through several resources and events, including:
- Obtaining a letter of invitation for a VISA. Applicants on the SEMA Show registration site can check a box during the application process. Once the application is submitted, personalized letters of invitations are emailed out with the individual’s name, company name and other details required by the U.S. Consulate.
- A dedicated customer service line for international applicants is available at +1-224-563-3154.
- Badges are mailed to international attendees who register on or before September 13, 2019, allowing them to hit the Show floor immediately upon arrival.
- Picking up badges onsite is fast and simple at the international registration desk location in the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino.
- The Center for International Commerce (CIC), located in the Las Vegas Convention Center Room N255, offers international buyers private meeting spaces, interpreters and complimentary WiFi.
- Finding exhibitors who export is easy. Exhibitors who already export and are familiar with and welcome working with international buyers will have “We Export” signs in their booths.
- The SEMA International Happy Hour networking event, November 6, is an annual gathering that attracts 1,000 exhibitors, international buyers and global media. The event is the ideal place for international buyers to connect with strategic exhibitors, the Department of Commerce and more.
- On Monday, November 4, international roundtables bring together buyers and media from key global markets with exhibitors interested in exporting. The events give participants an opportunity to begin networking and sharing market and product information before the Show even begins.
Additionally, the city of Las Vegas is a worldwide destination that caters to international visitors. Its airport serves airlines from throughout the world with direct flights, making travel to the city simple and easy. The city also boasts hundreds of restaurants and entertainment options.
The SEMA Show international activities are part of a year-round program that connects manufacturers with buyers in strategic countries, ongoing legislative advocacy, buyer relations activities and more.