In-house account representatives will help SEMA members with both Show and non-Show programs, including Measuring Sessions.
“The matter of having dedicated in-house account representatives is more important to accomplishing the SEMA mission than it may first appear,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO.
In addition to SEMA Show expertise, account reps will communicate and connect members to relevant programs and benefits, such as those that help with product development, prototyping, data compliance issues and more. Account reps will service companies based on business categories as follows:
- Trucks/SUVs/Offroad, Powersports and Restoration: Alan Josse
- Mobile Electronics, Wheels and OEMs: Warren Kosikov
- Business Services, Tools and Equipment and Global Tires: Brian Paik
- Collision Repair, Hot Rod, Restyling, Car Care and Accessories: Monica Terlouw
- Racing & Performance: The PRI account reps will serve as the SEMA representative for the companies that they already service; the team includes Andrea Brake, Eric Jurado, Jeff Swoboda, Judy Kean, Francisque Savinien and Reed Morales.
Account representatives will reach out to their assigned members in the coming weeks. Members are also invited to reach out directly to their account reps, or contact 909-396-0289, email@example.com.