- Light-truck specialty-equipment sales increased 1%—the first growth since 2007.
- Off-road niche sales remain solid at $1.46 billion.
- Half of all new vehicles sold in the United States are light trucks (i.e., pickups, CUVs, SUVs and vans).
- New pickup sales are up for the third year, climbing 6.4% in 2012.
- Two-thirds of light-truck owners who accessorize install some or all of the parts themselves.
While there are still downward pressures from a wavering economy, high gas prices and increasing accessorization of factory option packages, the light-truck market is showing positive signs.
This is just a glimpse of what you can discover from the newly released 2013 SEMA Annual Market Report.