Ford project-vehicle requests require two components: an e-mail project summary (due February 21, 2013) and a detailed written proposal (due March 1, 2013).
For more information, contact Sherry Kollien or Mike Nicopolis at email@example.com.
2013 Ford Project Vehicle Program
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 1, 2013
Award Recipient Notification Date: by May 1, 2013
All project vehicle requests must be submitted in two parts and meet the following Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program criteria:
E-mail a one-page project summary: must be received by February 21, 2013. Include bullet points for:
- Vehicle modifications
- New product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2013 SEMA Show
Mail a detailed project proposal: must be received by March 1, 2013. Include detail supporting the one-page project summary on company letterhead, a color rendering and past project vehicle examples.
Information on Ford vehicles is available at: www.ford.com.
Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria
Aftermarket companies requesting project vehicles should be:
- A Manufacturer or designer/restyler dedicated to supporting new product development.
- Financially capable and willing to spend promotional dollars.
- Actively promoting the vehicle with their product(s) through an established marketing plan.
- A current SEMA member.
Aftermarket companies receiving project vehicles must:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- Register and keep the vehicle in your company name during the entire contract period.
- Purchase and maintain $3 million in general liability insurance and $1 million in vehicle liability insurance.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford logo intact and visible.
- Order a California-certified vehicle if you intend to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may subject you to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its dealers for display, at the owner's discretion.
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating:
1. Product development
2. Modifications to the vehicle
3. Events (including dates, location and type of event)
4. Media exposure (originals or color copies)
5. Company advertising featuring the vehicle
6. Additional exposure
7. A copy of your current vehicle registration
8. E-mail, disc, or fax reports will not be accepted
Submit Ford Project Vehicle proposals to:
Ford Motor Co.
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Sherry Kollien & Mike Nicopolis