|2010 Rep Agency of the Year Honoree, Michael Kunzman and Associates
|2010 WD of the Year Honoree, Meyer Distributing
The finalists for the 2011 SEMA Rep Agency of the Year are Bob Cook Sales, Considine Sales & Marketing and Innovative Marketing Services. The award was established to honor a manufacturers' rep agency for outstanding contributions to the automotive specialty-equipment industry for the past 12 months corresponding with SEMA's fiscal year, July 1 through June 30. The Rep Agency of the Year Award is selected based on the following criteria:
- SEMA Involvement (i.e., member, service on committees, task forces, councils, board, etc.)
- Quality and frequency of calls to the WD.
- Knowledge of terms and policies of lines/products represented (i.e., technical, general, presentation).
- Communication of critical information between the supplier and client network and vice versa.
- Ability to provide the services required by the manufacturer and the WD.
- Effective implementation of manufacturers’ programs in a timely manner.
- Maintains current and up-to-date catalogs/database files and price sheets/pricing files.
- Consistently reviews and writes up product warranties in a timely manner.
- Does periodic inventory reviews to ensure WD’s product coverage and inventory turns.
- Integrity of the agency in all operations.
- Conscientious and timely follow-through by reps on specific issues.
- Pursuit of new marketing opportunities.
- Maintains continuous training and education programs.
- Troubleshoots and attempts to resolve any problems related to a rep’s line/product.
- Supports and actively participates in WD open houses and other events.
- Makes in-field jobber calls on behalf of the WD and manufacturer and reports findings.
- SEMA Involvement (i.e., member, ambassador, service on committees, task forces, councils, board etc.).
- Works with jobbers for sales training and support programs.
- Promptly distributes catalogs, price sheets, merchandising aids and general collateral material.
- Attends industry shows and events.
- Creates programs to further the suppliers and resellers chances for successfully getting the product to the consumer.
- Maintains proper inventories to service the resellers on a timely basis.
- Provides the suppliers with input and regular communication to help their products and programs succeed.
- Allows for regular training of their personnel to keep them updated on new products, promotions and trends through rep, factory and/or industry training.
- Presents suppliers, their products and promotions to the reseller in a professional manner.
- Operates in a professional and efficient manner.
- Regularly pays their bills as agreed and in a timely manner.
- Provides the means to get the suppliers product to the reseller in a timely and efficient manner.