Kia Motors America is now accepting project-vehicle proposals for companies seeking to build a Kia-themed project vehicle for the 2008 SEMA Show, November 4–7 in Las Vegas. Kia's vehicles offered through the program include the Rio, Rondo, Sportage and the all-new Borrego.
The deadline to submit project-vehicle proposals to Kia is May 27, 2008.
Kia Proposal Guidelines
Here are the details that should be included in submissions to Kia:
1. Vehicle/Project Theme: Include target market or description of intended customer
2. Modification Plan: A list of specific vehicle modification and system upgrades including partnered sources, if appropriate.
3. Promotion Plan: A proposed list of intended events, trade shows, publications, etc., where the vehicle will be promoted. Availability for the 2008 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, is required. Please state where the vehicle will be displayed at the SEMA Show and who will sponsor the vehicle if it is placed in a feature spot. A booth space is strongly preferred.
4. Illustrations: Two copies of the proposal and rendering on 8 ½ x 11 paper are required. The color rendering should illustrate front and side appearance (Composite 3/4 views are acceptable) with the intended color and graphic scheme. If the interior will be significantly modified, an interior sketch is recommended as well. An electronic file in PDF format is also required.
5. Schedule: A proposed reporting process to communicate project status to KMA is also requested.
SEMA members interested in developing a Kia Motors America project vehicle for the 2008 SEMA Show are encouraged to prepare a Project Description Plan and submit it to:
Kia Motors America
111 Peters Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92606-1790
Kia recommends to submit proposals in early April, for preferential consideration, but no later then May 27, 2008. Approved projects will be requested to be completed no later than October 20.
For more information, visit www.sema.org/oem and click on the project vehicle link underneath the Kia logo.