- Apr 16 2015
Stopping Illegal Imports of Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents
The system is a little different for patents. Patents are not recordable with CBP because import infringement issues are under the jurisdiction of the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). Suspected infringement cases are taken to the ITC, which issues an exclusion order if there is a proven violation. Customs will then enforce the exclusion order.
For more information on Customs enforcement, visit: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/commercial_enforcement/ipr/.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights
- Examples of Trademarks
- Examples of Design & Utility Patents
- Stopping Illegal Imports of Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents
- Website Links
- Articles, Webinars, Seminars
- SEMA Show IP Enforcement Policy