· Words: Ford's "MUSTANG" for automobiles [U.S. Reg. No. 1467208];
GM’s “IMPALA” for automobiles [U.S. Reg. No. 0661322].
· Designs: American Racing Equipment’s design for the Torq Thrust wheel
[U.S. Reg. No. 2805037]
· Designs: Chrysler's "Pentastar" design for automobiles
[U.S. Reg. No. 0801717]
· Words and Designs: Good Year and Winged Foot Design [U.S. Reg. No. 0883095]
· Configurations: The shape of the front nose of General Motors'
Hummer vehicles including the grill area and adjacent panels [U.S.
Reg. No. 1959544]
· Sound: The roar of MGM's lion for entertainment services [U.S. Reg. No. 1395550]
· Color: The color brown for United Parcel Service (UPS) and its package delivery service [U.S Reg. No. 2131693]
· Trade Dress: The overall "look" or packaging for a product or a
service. The trademark is associated with McDonald’s hamburgers,
architecture, product packaging, etc. [U.S. Reg. No. 1631967]