Support for the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act (RPM Act), H.R. 3281 and S. 2736 , continues to strengthen as members of Congress receive an outpouring of support for the bill from racers and the motorsports parts industry. The racing community sent over 1.5 million letters in 2021, which have been integral in generating strong bipartisan support for the RPM Act (over 145 members of Congress having agreed to sponsor the bill as a result). However, we need your help now more than ever, as Congress just passed the halfway point in the 2021-2022 session. We must ramp up the pressure on lawmakers in Washington to pass the RPM Act in 2022 and protect the future of racing!
Below is a list of things of things you can do right now to help to pass the RPM Act:
- Send a letter to your lawmakers at: saveourracecars.com . A letter has already been drafted. It takes less than a minute.
- Sign a letter to your lawmakers on company letterhead. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a template and more information.
- Make a quick call to your lawmakers to voice your support for the bill. SEMA has made it easy to call by clicking here .
*Also, if you have a connection to a member of Congress or their staff, please let us know. It is important that we leverage personal relationships to stand up for the industry.
- Post about the RPM Act on your company's social-media accounts using the toolkit of digital assets or pass out a flyer at your business of events.
- Learn more about SEMA's Political Action Committee (SEMA PAC) at www.semapac.com . SEMA PAC allows SEMA members to support the lawmakers that stand up for our industry in Washington.
The RPM Act must be enacted into law to guarantee your right to modify street cars, trucks, and motorcycles into dedicated race vehicles, and ensure that industry can offer parts that enable racers to compete. It is imperative that lawmakers continue to be reminded of the importance of passing the RPM Act.
For details, contact Eric Snyder at email@example.com .