The Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act (RPM Act), H.R. 3281 and S. 2736, enjoys strong bipartisan support in Congress (over 145 members of Congress are cosponsors), although lawmakers must be reminded the job isn't done until the bill becomes law. SEMA is asking MPMC members to make a big push this Spring to reminder members of Congress to pass the RPM Act. We need your help now more than ever toprotect the future of racing!
Below is a list of things of things you can do right now to help to pass the RPM Act:
- Post about the RPM Act on your company's social-media accounts using the toolkit of digital assets or pass out a flyer at your business of events.
- Send a letter to your lawmakers at: saveourracecars.com. A letter has already been drafted. It takes less than a minute.
- Sign a letter to your lawmakers on company letterhead. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a template and more information.
- Make a quick call to your lawmakers to voice your support for the bill. SEMA has made it easy to call by clicking here.
- Learn more about SEMA's Political Action Committee (SEMA PAC) at www.semapac.com. SEMA PAC allows SEMA members to support the lawmakers that stand up for our industry in Washington.
*Also, if you have a connection to a member of Congress or their staff, please let us know. It is important that we leverage personal relationships to stand up for the industry.
The RPM Act must be enacted into law to ensure that industry can offer parts that enable racers to compete. The EPA continues to aggressively enforce against aftermarket companies, and the RPM Act must become law to protect businesses that manufacture, sell, and distribute race parts. The bill also enshrines in federal law the right to modify street cars, trucks, and motorcycles into dedicated race vehicles. It is imperative that lawmakers continue to be reminded of the importance of passing the RPM Act until the bill becomes law.
For details, contact Eric Snyder at email@example.com.