Growing Export Sales in Mexico
10 Reasons to Take a Look
In addition to the thousands of products, services and resources available on the exhibit hall floor, this event will offer valuable education and training, unmatched business solutions, exciting networking events and more.
There are a number of reasons for automotive specialty-equipment companies to consider exporting products to Mexico. Here are 10 good ones:
- A Sizable Passenger-Vehicle Market and Healthy Annual Sales: Mexico has 32 million motor vehicles in circulation, with strong annual sales of about 1 million.
- Vehicle Customization and Motorsports Have a Strong Fan Base: Mexico is home to the Baja 1000 off-road race, which recently celebrated its 50th anniversary. In addition, classic-car restoration is strong, and Mexico City is even the venue for the Guinness World Record for the longest parade of classic cars, with 1,721 vintage vehicles participating.
- Trucks and SUVs: As in the United States, trucks—pickups and SUVs—are extremely popular in Mexico.
- Common Platforms: Many of the same trucks are sold in both the United States and the Mexican market. For example, among the top-selling pickups in Mexico are the Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado
- Mexico’s Close Proximity: Lower freight costs and delivery times are available because of Mexico’s location near the United States.
- OE Manufacturing: For those supplying to original-equipment manufacturers, Mexico is an important center for automotive assembly. Eleven manufacturers currently produce or have expanded production in Mexico. Among them are Ford, GM, Chrysler, Volkswagen, Toyota, Nissan, Kia and BMW.
- Strong Bilateral Trade: Mexico is the United States’ third-largest trading partner.
- Large Population: There are more than 122 million residents of Mexico, with a growing middle class.
- Economic and Geographic Size: Mexico boasts Latin America’s second-largest economy and is geographically the size of Western Europe.
- Increasing Discretionary Funds: Mexico’s per-capita income exceeds that of India (four times) and China (two times).
There are also two ways to explore opportunities in the Mexico market. For the first, you don’t even need to leave the United States.
With key domestic and international manufacturers as exhibitors, INA PAACE Automechanika Mexico City is the ultimate platform for sourcing domestic and international products and suppliers.
The annual SEMA Show, held each year in early November in Las Vegas, draws more than 130,000 visitors, and 25% of all buyers attending the trade-only event come from outside the United States, including large numbers of distributors from Mexico and other Latin American countries.
Another first-rate automotive event where companies should consider exhibiting is the annual INA PAACE Automechanika Show, which will be held July 11–13 this year at Centro Banamex in Mexico City. The show is Mexico and Central America’s most important automotive trade show. With key domestic and international manufacturers as exhibitors, INA PAACE Automechanika Mexico City is the ultimate platform for sourcing domestic and international products and suppliers.
In addition to the thousands of products, services and resources available on the exhibit hall floor, the event offers valuable education and training, unmatched business solutions, exciting networking events and more.
INA PAACE Automechanika draws thousands of attendees in the automotive industry and featured 512 exhibitors and 26,160 visitors from 22 countries in 2017, an increase of 22% over the previous year. The show features more than 100 custom vehicles as well as displays in a wide variety of product groups, including parts/components; electronics/systems; accessories/customizing; car care/reconditioning; alternative drive systems/digital solutions; dealer workshop management; tires; and repair/maintenance.
For more information about SEMA’s international programs, both year-round and at the SEMA Show, contact SEMA Senior Director of International and Government Affairs Linda Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.inapaaceautomechanika.com for more information about INA PAACE Automechanika.