Meet for lunch and conversation with top buyers from Down Under on Monday, October 30, 2017 from 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.; Upper North Hall, room N259. Hear about the opportunities in this country of pickup and SUV customizing fanatics and diehard hot-rod enthusiasts.
More than 25% of all buyers expected at the 2017 SEMA Show will come from more than 132 nations outside the United States. Show exhibitors should create an action plan to attract and service international buyers visiting their booths.
Make plans to:
- Arrange for your international sales and marketing staff to be on hand to greet overseas buyers.
- Request a “We Export” sign. Complimentary “We Export” signs are available to exhibitors for display in their booths. Let international buyers know that you are interested in doing business with them with this multilingual sign. Exhibitors can sign up for a complimentary “We Export” sign (both electronic and printed are available) at www.SEMAShow.com/international-resources-exhibitor.
- Have samples of products with international applications in your booth.
- Attend the SEMA International Happy Hour and International Roundtables as easy ways to meet global buyers as well as U.S. companies doing business abroad.
- Don’t forget signage for any product applications that would fit vehicles that may not be found in the United States. For example, if you created products for the vehicles made available by a joint program between SEMA and the U.S. Department of Commerce, such as the Toyota HiLux, Ford Ranger T6, Mitsubishi L200 or UAZ Hunter—all of which are popularly customized around the world but not sold in the United States—be sure to let visitors to your booth know.
Forums on Top Emerging Markets
The 2017 International Happy Hour is the largest annual international specialty-equipment trade gathering. Network with international buyers and media in the Las Vegas Convention Center at the close of the day’s SEMA Show.
Top automotive specialty-equipment buyers from the Middle East, Australia and China will speak about the opportunities and challenges U.S. manufacturers face in doing business in their home markets at roundtable discussions Monday, October 30, in Upper North Hall, room N259 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Middle East, Monday, October 30, 2017; 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.; Upper North Hall, room N259: Learn how to cash in on this lucrative region. The United Arab Emirates and surrounding countries provide some of the best opportunities for U.S. specialty-parts manufacturers. Off-roading, classic-car collecting and motorsports are all growing in popularity. Attendees will also learn about the details of the sixth one-on-one matchmaking SEMA Middle East Development Program to be held in Abu Dhabi on April 3–8, 2018.
- Australia, Monday, October 30, 2017; 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.; Upper North Hall, room N259: Meet for lunch and conversation with top buyers from Down Under. Hear about the opportunities in this country of pickup and SUV customizing fanatics and diehard hot-rod enthusiasts—in particular, new business for the aftermarket that has developed from the all-new Ford Mustang (in right-hand drive) landing on Australia’s shores this past year. Explore the challenges as well. For instance, all vehicles in the country are right-hand drive; many vehicles popularly customized in Australia are not sold in the United States; and a strong dollar makes exports to this market more expensive. Meet with SEMA members who exhibited in May 2017 at the second SEMA Australia Business Development Program in Melbourne. Find out about future programs.
- China, Monday, October 30, 2017; 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.; Upper North Hall, room N259: Chinese distributors and SEMA members already successful in the region provide insider tips. Learn the latest trends, applications and perceptions of U.S. brands in the Chinese market. This will be a great opportunity to meet with media as well as distributors of specialty products in this market of 1.3 billion people in an informal, practical session that will assist attendees in deciding if this market is a good fit for their products. Hear from SEMA members who are actively selling into the market as well as from buyers specializing in U.S. products. Learn about how to take part in the 2018 SEMA China program at www.sema.org/china.
International Happy Hour
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017; 5:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m.; Upper North Hall, room N255:
SEMA Show exhibitors can register for the 2017 International Happy Hour at www.SEMAShow.com/international-resources-exhibitor.
The 2017 International Happy Hour is the largest annual international specialty-equipment trade gathering. Network with international buyers, distributors and media right in the Las Vegas Convention Center at the close of the day’s SEMA Show. More than 1,000 companies are expected at this year’s networking party.
Exhibitors can register for the International Happy Hour at www.SEMAShow.com/international-resources-exhibitor.
Center for International Commerce
The Center for International Commerce—available for exhibitors to meet with international buyers in private conference rooms complete with complimentary interpreters for most major languages—will be located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N255.
The Center for International Commerce (CIC) will be located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N255. The CIC room offers complimentary private meeting space and interpreters to facilitate meetings between exhibitors and international buyers. A team of interpreters will be on hand to assist in bilingual communications in key languages such as French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese.
Global Media Awards
Get your hottest new products in front of buyers and the media by participating in the New Products Showcase. The annual Global Media Awards will once again be selected by a group of 35 top automotive journalists from more than 20 countries. Each will name 10 products from the New Products Showcase that he or she thinks will most appeal to consumers in their home markets. Winning companies will be recognized at the International Happy Hour, receiving Global Media Awards that signify the global appeal of their products and their companies. Designation as a Global Media Award winner is a great year-round marketing tool.
Questions? Email Linda Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.SEMAShow.com/international-resources-exhibitor.