SEMA News—August 2013
Doug Evans Voted SEMA Chair-Elect; Two New Volunteers Join Board
Doug Evans of Source Interlink Media has been voted chairman-elect of the SEMA Board of Directors and joins two newly elected Board members to help lead the association for the 2013–2015 term. Evans fills the position held for the past two years by Nate Shelton of B&M Automotive Group. Shelton began serving his term as chairman in July. The newly elected SEMA Board volunteers are Kyle Fickler of Weld Racing and Tim Watts of Superlift Suspension. Jeff Bates of Bob Cook Sales was re-elected to serve another term.
2013–2014 SEMA Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board: Nate Shelton, B&M Automotive Group
Chairman-Elect: Doug Evans, Source Interlink Media
Immediate-Past Chairman: Scooter Brothers, COMP Performance Group
- Jeff Bates, principal/partner, Bob Cook Sales
- Jim Bingham, president and CEO, Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
- Luanne Brown, president and CEO, eTool Developers
- Nick Gramelspacher, national sales manager, Meyer Distributing
- John Hotchkis, president, Hotchkis Performance LLC
- Kyle Fickler, vice president of sales, Weld Racing
- JR Moore, director of warehouse operations, Performance Warehouse
- Russell Stephens, president, MSD Performance
- Tim Watts, vice president of sales and marketing, Superlift Suspension
- Steve Wolcott, CEO, ProMedia LLC
John Johnson of The Spartan Group will serve as secretary/treasurer, and Russ Deane of Trainum, Snowdon & Deane continues as general counsel.
The newly elected members of the SEMA Board of Directors were recognized for their service during the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser in July, along with outgoing Board members Greg Adler of Transamerican Auto Parts, Joel Ayres of Bedslide/Tākit Inc., Jim Chick of Bestop Inc., Donnie Eatherly of P&E Distributors, Myles Kovacs of DUB Publishing Inc., Tim Martin of K&N Engineering, Mike Spagnola of SEMA (formerly of Street Scene Equipment), Van Woodell of Weathers Auto Supply and Jeep Worthan of Auto Meter.