By SEMA Washington, D.C., Staff
The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) granted exclusion requests for 146 List 3 products imported from China and subject to 25% tariffs. The products cover a wide variety of commodities including several auto parts, such as:
- New non-radial pneumatic rubber tires suitable for ATVs and UTVs (HTS 4911.90.8010)
- Rubber vibration control goods (HTS 4016.99.5500)
- CV joint boots and rack and pinion bellows of neoprene (HTS 4016.99.6050)
- Convex rear-view mirrors, flat rear-view mirrors and glass mirrors (HTS 7009.10.0000)
- Aluminum carburetors and aluminum and steel crankcases (HTS 8409.91.9990)
- Vacuum pumps for automotive braking systems (HTS 8414.10.0000)
- Bumpers of round tubing or flat sheets of steel for ATVs or UTVs (HTS 8708.10.3050)
- Motor vehicle bumper underside attachments (HTS 8708.29.5060)
- Spoilers, splitters, diffusers and other devices providing aerodynamic downforce and engine covers (HTS 8708.29.5060)
- Tonneau covers for pickup trucks with soft vinyl panels that fold (HTS 8708.29.5060)
- Aluminum wheel spacers for ATVs and UTVs (HTS 8708.70.6060)
- Aluminum clad radiator tubes (HTS 8708.91.7550)
- Certain automatic transmission parts including flange forgings, front output shafts, aluminum housing for integrated wheel-end disconnect systems, hub forgings and park gear blanks (HTS 8708.99.6890)
An exclusion is product-specific, not company-specific. That means a company which did not request the exclusion may still benefit although the benefit may be narrowly applied. For example, the beneficiary company may need to demonstrate that its product’s technical specifications are related, and the product can be used in the same manner as the excluded product.
The time-period for List 3 exclusions is September 24, 2018–August 7, 2020, regardless of when the exclusion request was granted (the time-period for requesting an exclusion ended September 30, 2019).
In a separate action, the USTR will consider granting an extension of up to one-year for products previously granted exclusions between October 28, 2019–March 26, 2020. The deadline for requests is June 8, 2020.
Questions? Contact Stuart Gosswein at firstname.lastname@example.org.