By SEMA Washington, D.C., Staff
The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) granted exclusion requests for 108 List 3 products imported from China and subject to 25% tariffs. The products cover a wide variety of commodities including several auto parts, such as:
- Tire chains of iron or nonalloy steel with links not more than 10 mm in diameter (HTS 7315.82.5000).
- Certain parts for spark-ignition internal combustion piston engines of heading 8407 (but not for vehicles of subheading 8701.2 or 8702, 8703 or 8704. (HTS 8409.91.9990).
- DC blowers for use in motor vehicle climate control systems (HTS 8414.59.6540).
- DC centrifugal radial blowers (HTS 8414.59.6560).
- Certain electric gear motors and electric motors other than gear motors (HTS 8501.40.2020, 8501.40.2040, 8501.40.4020, 8501.40.4040).
- Steel tire carrier attachments, roof racks, fender liners, side protective attachments (HTS 8708.29.5060).
- Road wheels of cast aluminum for vehicles of heading 8703 (HTS 8708.70.4545 or 8708.70.4548).
- Heater coils for use with the motor vehicles of headings 8701 to 8705, composed of steel, copper, aluminum and plastic (HTS 8708.99.8180).
- Hitch riser plates of AISI 8620 alloy steel (HTS 8708.99.8180).
- Certain hitches of power-coated steel designed to distribute weight or for mounting in the bed of a truck (HTS 8708.99.8180).
The time period for List 3 exclusions is September 24, 2018, to August 7, 2020, regardless of when the exclusion request was granted. The time period for requesting an exclusion ended September 30, 2019.
An exclusion is product specific, not company specific. That means a company which did not request the exclusion may still benefit although the benefit may be narrowly applied. For example, the beneficiary company may need to demonstrate that its product’s technical specifications are related, and the product can be used in the same manner as the excluded product.
Questions? Contact Stuart Gosswein at email@example.com.