By AJ Carney
The 2018 Advanced Engineering Technology Conference (AETC) featured an interactive panel discussion moderated by Billy Godbold, COMP Performance Group, and featured legendary engine builders Ed Pink, Sonny Leonard, Keith Dorton and Jon Kaase.
The 2018 Advanced Engineering Technology Conference (AETC) kicked off Tuesday, December 4, with an opening experience that included an interactive panel discussion moderated by Billy Godbold, COMP Performance Group, and featured legendary engine builders:
- Ed Pink, Ed Pink’s Garage
- Sonny Leonard, Sonny’s Racing Engines
- Keith Dorton, Automotive Specialists
- Jon Kaase, Jon Kaase Race Engines
On Wednesday, there was a full day of value-packed seminars delivered by such experts as Jeremy Wagler, Wagler Motorsports; Lake Speed Jr., DRIVEN Racing Oils; and Gary Patterson of ECR, to name a few. The day also featured a special seminar hosted by winners of the 2018 Engine Masters.
Following the conference on Wednesday, attendees were invited to attend the second Annual Engine Builder Happy Hour that serves to recognize engine builders and offered a great community of networking for the industry.
The award honorees were:
- Sonny Leonard; Sonny's Racing Engines, Inc.—Engine Builder Honor Winner
- Ben Strader; EFI University—U 40 Engine Designer Award Winner
There’s more—on both Thursday and Friday of the PRI Trade Show, more than 90 attendees participated in the AETC+ seminars, hosted by:
- Chuck Lynch, AERA
- Jim Arentz, Penske Racing Shocks
- Charles Navarro, LN Engineering LLC
- Jason Enders, RE Suspension & Gary Crooks, Crooks Racing
- Mark Bush, Racewise
Want to attend AETC in 2019? Register now for early-bird pricing.