By SEMA Editors
With just six weeks until the 2018 SEMA Show kicks off, exhibitors should use the Exhibitor Services Manual to stay on top of their deadlines.
With the 2018 SEMA Show about six weeks away, Show management’s exhibitor update provides companies with the latest news and key deadlines, including early-bird and advance rates available for several booth services, as well as checklists to keep you on track and on budget. For more information, refer to the Exhibitor Services Manual.
Complete Deadlines Checklist – Take advantage of early-bird rates—order before the deadlines!
The Deadlines Checklist provides a breakdown of all the deadlines for booth orders, rentals, booth vehicle applications, celebrity appearance notifications and much more.
Budget Checklist – Double check your Show prep.
The budget checklist form allows you to keep track of all your costs and ensures that you are adequately prepared for your experience at the SEMA Show.
More than half of buyers reported that they visit an exhibitor’s booth after researching the company’s product in the New Products Showcase.
Enter the New Products Showcase – Reach out to more business.
The SEMA Show New Products Showcase puts the spotlight on new and signature products from exhibitors representing the segments of the specialty-equipment industry.
For the first time, the New Products Showcase features a Promo Package, which is offered to exhibitors through the new products entry form as an optional upgrade. This is a great opportunity for exhibitors to add value and additional exposure to their presence in the New Products Showcase—The SEMA Show’s No. 1 buyer and media destination.
The cost is $499 per product, and includes the following:
- Company logo carpet ad (2x2 ft.) in the New Products Showcase.
- A meter panel listing at the New Products Showcase entrance.
- Enhanced product listing in the January 2019 issue of SEMA News.
The New Products Showcase area serves as an extra avenue for exhibitors to reach new customers, and remains enormously popular with buyers and media seeking the latest product advancements and innovations. All of the products in the Showcase are photographed, featured in SEMA News and hosted on the SEMA website, www.SEMAphotos.com. The images are also promoted to the media and used for the product information available to buyers at the Show.
The first entry in the New Products Showcase is free. All additional entries are $75 per product category if received by Friday, October 5, $150 thereafter. Entries submitted on-site will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Encore at Wynn is among several hotels in the SEMA Show block located within one mile from the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Reserve Hotel Rooms – Lock-in your guaranteed low rate.
Exhibitors who have not yet secured hotels for the 2018 SEMA Show can take advantage of the guaranteed low rates offered at www.SEMAShow.com/travel. SEMA Show management works with one official hotel provider, OnPeak, to ensure that all Showgoers receive guaranteed low rates and an extra level of service.
There are still several properties available that accommodate the style and budget of all business types making the trip to Vegas for the Show. Visit www.SEMAShow.com/travel to book rooms now—space is limited and available on a first come, first-served basis.
SEMA Show management encourages exhibitors, attendees and media to be vigilant if approached by any company or service other than OnPeak that claims to be a housing provider for the SEMA Show or AAPEX. Leading up to the Show, Showgoers might be contacted by other travel agencies or housing companies to book guest rooms. SEMA has no affiliation with these organizations and cannot vouch for their services in any way.
For booking assistance, contact OnPeak at 866-611-8831, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Companies with existing reservations need to have their OnPeak attendance/group ID number handy.
SEMA Show to PRI Freight-Transportation Special
The Freeman Exhibit Transportation Caravan saves companies money by consolidating shipments with other exhibitors.
Exhibitors who are participating in the 2018 SEMA Show and the 2018 Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show can take advantage of a special shipping offer through the Freeman Exhibit Transportation Caravan, which saves companies money by consolidating shipments with other exhibitors. The caravan will carry freight from the Las Vegas Convention Center to the Fern Expositions Advance Warehouse in Indianapolis, where it will arrive on or before December 1.
For added convenience, exhibitors can call 800-995-3579 to schedule in advance, or make arrangements at the SEMA Show through the Freeman transportation team, who are also available to assist with any shipping needs.
For more information about the Freeman Exhibit Transportation Caravan, email email@example.com.
Upcoming Exhibitor Deadlines – Take advantage of discounts by acting before the deadlines.
- September 28 - Fabric Graphics–Freeman
- September 28 - Target Move-in Date Change Request-Freeman
- September 28 - Internet/Telephone Order (Advance Rate)–Cox Business (LVCC)
- October 1 - Rental Exhibit Order (Advance Rate) – Freeman
- October 5 - Mothers FREE Vehicle Wipedown Service – Mothers Polishes•Waxes•Cleaners
- October 5 - New Products Entry (Advance Rate)
- October 5 - Products for Project-Vehicle Builders
- October 8 - Exhibitor Booth Insurance (if purchased from John Buttine)
- October 8 - Electrical Order - Westgate Exhibits (Advance Rate) – TSE
- October 8 - Internet/Telephone Order (Advance Rate) – Encore (Westgate)
- October 8 - Utilities: Air/Water/Drain Order (Advance Rate) – Exhibits at Westgate – Freeman
- October 10 – Tents/Canopies – Full Circle Events
- October 12 – Carpet and Booth Cleaning Order (Advance Rate) – Freeman
- October 12 – Electrical Order – LVCC Exhibits (Advance Rate) – Freeman
- October 12 – Exhibit Accessories (Advance Rate) – Freeman
- October 12 – Exhibit Furnishings (Advance Rate) – Freeman
- October 12 – Labor – Hanging Sign/Banner (LVCC) – Freeman
- October 12 – Rigging Equipment – Labor Order – Freeman
- October 12 – Utilities: Air/Water/Drain Order (Advance Rate) – Exhibits at LVCC – Freeman
- October 16 - Booth Catering Order Service – Centerplate
More information on the 2018 SEMA Show is available at www.SEMAShow.com.