By Amelia Zwecher
Setting up alerts on the HR Hub based on your preferred parameters makes it easier to stay up to date on state laws in your local area.
In the HR industry, change is quite normal as benefits, employee relations, and employment laws and regulations modify often. It’s important for business professionals (HR teams, hiring managers or general managers) to stay abreast of HR updates to remain compliant. Busy work schedules can make this a challenge for most professionals, but SEMA’s HR Hub offers a solution. Setting up alerts on the HR Hub based on your preferred parameters makes it easier to stay up to date on state laws in your local area. You can finally find answers to the toughest and most common HR questions by visiting the “Issues & Answers” section of the HR Hub.
According to SEMA’s HR Hub, the top five hot topics for the week include:
- U.S. employees are giving senior leadership low marks – Survey Results
- Discussion draft of “Better Care” health bill repeals individual, employer mandates – Proposed Legislation
- Employers reminded that outdoor workers must be provided with fresh water to prevent heat illness – California – Agency News
- Temporary total disability rates updated for 2018 – California – Worker’s Compensation
- Mercer’s annual Cost of Living Survey finds African, Asian and European cities dominate the list of most expensive locations for working abroad – Survey Results