By Della Domingo
Hosting a press conference can be an effective way to reach a large number of media.
Applications to be included on the official SEMA Show press conference schedule are now available. Hosting a press conference can be an effective way to reach a large number of media; however, they do require a great deal of time and effort, and are not suited for every type of news announcement.
Here are a few tips for exhibitors who are interested in hosting a 2017 SEMA Show press conference:
- The application deadline is Friday, July 28. Upon submitting your application, you should receive a confirmation email. Be sure to follow up if you do not receive an email confirmation.
- All applications will be reviewed and the final schedule will be announced in September. Note that submitting an application does not guarantee inclusion on the official schedule.
- The success of your press conference is based on a variety of different factors, one of the most important being the amount of outreach to the media done prior to the Show. Be prepared to invest a considerable amount of time and effort into the planning of your press conference.
- Press conferences are just one of the many ways exhibitors can attract media and generate coverage at the SEMA Show. Other ways include entering the New Products Showcase, posting a release to the Online Media Center and participating in social media using the hashtag #SEMA2017, all at little to no cost!
- View the full list of all the SEMA Show PR opportunities.