By Katie Carson
The SEMA Launch Pad is the premier automotive business competition offering young innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs a platform at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
The fifth annual SEMA Launch Pad, presented by the Young Executives Network (YEN), is now accepting applications for new, innovative automotive products/services from business entrepreneurs under the age of 40. Two noteworthy enhancements for the 2017 competition are a $10,000 award to be used for the benefit of the winning business, along with a new location for the live event—the Westgate Theater—to hold the expected audience of 1,000 automotive industry professionals. Participants do not need to be SEMA members to apply for the competition and, if chosen as one of the 15 semi-finalists will receive a complimentary company membership to SEMA (up to a $1,000 value).
The SEMA Launch Pad is the premier automotive business competition offering young innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs a platform at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Applicants will be narrowed down to 15 semi-finalists, who will be further narrowed down to 10 finalists via a social-media voting campaign. The 10 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their products to a panel of industry judges before a live audience and compete to win the grand prize designed to advance their businesses.
For more information and to apply, visit www.sema.org/launchpad.
The 2017 prize package includes:
Semi-Finalists: (15 participants)
- A one-year complimentary SEMA membership.
- Complimentary registration to the 2017 SEMA Exhibitor Summit, two nights’ hotel and meals at the event (June 19–20).
- A $500 award to be used toward the cost of flight to the 2017 SEMA Exhibitor Summit.
- Increased awareness of participants’ business via competing in the YEN Facebook social-media voting campaign.
Finalist: (10 participants)
- All the semi-finalist prizes.
- A complimentary 2017 SEMA Show “kiosk” booth in the New Products Showcase Area.**
- Two exhibitor passes to the SEMA Show.
- Two tickets to the SEMA Show Banquet.
- One-hour mentoring session with an industry icon.
- Increased awareness of participants’ business via pitching their product/service in the live SEMA Show event.
Grand Prize: (winning participant)
- All the semi-finalist and finalist prizes.
- A $10,000 award to be used for the benefit of the winner’s business.
- Turn-key exhibit space with premium placement in the 2018 SEMA Show.**
- One full-page, four-color ad in SEMA News.
- One full day of photography studio usage and up to three hours of free custom scanning services at the SEMA Garage.
- 50% off supplier monthly membership fees for your first year in the SEMA Data Co-op (up to a $3,600 value).
- Distribution/sales support consultation meeting.
- Six months of digital advertising on Xceleration Media Group’s official website with banner adds (300x250, 728x90, and 300x100 pixels), including product release and social-media coverage (which can include Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram) In print, a 1/2-page, four-color ad in the next two issues of the title that most closely fits with the winner’s product/service. *Non-transferable and must be used within one year of winning.
- Event-level sponsorship package to either a Family Events truck and off-road group property or a Family Events performance car group property.
*All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize-winning company. Tax liability is based on the value of the prizes. All prize winners must complete a W-9 in order to receive a prize.
**No changes are permitted to the booth layout. Company does not accrue SEMA Show seniority points by reason of exhibiting at a 2017 SEMA Show kiosk booth in New Products Showcase Area or the turn-key exhibit space with premium placement in the 2018 SEMA Show.
Learn more about the program’s terms and conditions.