By Amelia Zwecher
Setting up HR Hub alerts based on your preferred parameters makes it easier to stay up-to-date on state laws in your local area.
In the HR industry, change is quite normal as benefits, employee relations and employment laws and regulations modify often. It’s important for business professionals (HR teams, hiring managers or general managers) to stay abreast of HR updates to remain compliant. Busy work schedules can make this a challenge for most professionals, but SEMA’s HR Hub offers a solution. Setting up HR Hub alerts based on your preferred parameters makes it easier to stay up-to-date on state laws in your local area. Find answers to the toughest and most common HR questions by visiting the HR Hub’s “Issues & Answers” section. According to SEMA’s HR Hub, the top five hot topics for the week include:
1. May an employee take FMLA leave to care for his/her ailing grandfather?
2. When may an employer ask if epilepsy or another medical condition is causing an employee’s performance problems?
3. Do employers need a separate ADA notice if their wellness program collects employee health information?
4. May an employer require an employee to provide medical documentation before returning from leave?
5. Can an employer recover health coverage costs if an employee doesn’t return from FMLA leave?
For more information, contact SEMA manager of career services Amelia F. Zwecher, PhD, PHR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.