By Katie Carson
The fifth annual SEMA Launch Pad, presented by the Young Executives Network (YEN), is now accepting applications for new, innovative automotive products/services from business entrepreneurs under the age of 40. Two noteworthy enhancements for the 2017 competition are a $10,000 award to be used for the benefit of the winning business, along with a new location for the live event—the Westgate Theater—to hold the expected audience of 1,000 automotive industry professionals. As a reminder, participants do not need to be SEMA members to apply for the competition, and if chosen as one of the 15 semi-finalists, the company receives a complimentary membership to SEMA (up to a $1,000 value).
The SEMA Launch Pad is the premier automotive business competition offering young innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs a platform at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Applicants will be narrowed down to 15 semi-finalists, who will be further narrowed down to 10 finalists via a social-media voting campaign. The 10 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their products to a panel of industry judges in front of a live audience and compete to win the grand prize designed to advance their businesses.
For more information, visit www.sema.org/launchpad.
The 2017 prize package includes:
Semi-Finalists: (15 participants)
- A one-year complimentary SEMA membership.
- Complimentary registration to the 2017 SEMA Exhibitor Summit, two nights’ hotel and meals at the event (June 19–20).
- A $500 award to be used toward the cost of flight to the 2017 SEMA Exhibitor Summit.
- Increased awareness of participants’ business via competing in the YEN Facebook social-media voting campaign.
Finalist: (10 participants)
- All the semi-finalist prizes.
- A complimentary 2017 SEMA Show “kiosk” booth in the New Products Showcase Area.**
- Two exhibitor passes to the SEMA Show.
- Two tickets to the SEMA Show Banquet.
- One-hour mentoring session with an industry icon.
- Increased awareness of participants’ business via pitching their product/service in the live SEMA Show event.
Grand Prize: (winning participant)
- All the semi-finalist and finalist prizes.
- A $10,000 award to be used for the benefit of the winner’s business.
- Turn-key exhibit space with premium placement in the 2018 SEMA Show.**
- One full-page, four-color ad in SEMA News.
- One full day of photography studio usage and up to three hours of free custom scanning services at the SEMA Garage.
- 50% off supplier monthly membership fees for your first year in the SEMA Data Co-op (up to a $3,600 value).
- Distribution/sales support consultation meeting.
- Six months of digital advertising on Xceleration Media Group’s official website with banner adds (300x250, 728x90, and 300x100 pixels), including product release and social-media coverage (which can include Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram) In print, a 1/2-page, four-color ad in the next two issues of the title that most closely fits with the winner’s product/service. *Non-transferable and must be used within one year of winning.
- Event-level sponsorship package to either a Family Events truck and off-road group property or a Family Events performance car group property.
*All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize-winning company. Tax liability is based on the value of the prizes. All prize winners must complete a W-9 in order to receive a prize.
**No changes are permitted to the booth layout. Company does not accrue SEMA Show seniority points by reason of exhibiting at a 2017 SEMA Show kiosk booth in New Products Showcase Area or the turn-key exhibit space with premium placement in the 2018 SEMA Show.
Learn more about the program’s terms and conditions.