By Carr Winn and Clint Simone
The SEMA Garage recently had a special request to help design some accessories for a jolly guy with a tight deadline. He needed some special upgrades to fit a very unique application and it had to be completed by December 24. Here’s a look at how the SEMA Garage helped get this client ready for the holidays.
The SEMA Garage was developed to assist members with new-product development. From research to 3D prototyping and emissions testing, as well as the creation of marketing material, the Garage is a world-class design facility for all manufacturers.
The SEMA Garage features the following:
- A fully equipped installation center with measuring tools, vehicle lift and other items needed to work on any project vehicle.
- A tech transfer program with OEM-provided CAD files to help the development and fitment of newly produced products.
- 3D printing and scanning services to test the form, fit and function with prototype models of new parts.
- Hands-on access to new vehicles through measuring sessions.
- An emissions and dyno lab for EO/CARB certification.
- A vehicle and product photography studio with infinity walls and adjustable overhead lighting.
- A training center for conducting product reveals or training sessions.
For complete information about the SEMA Garage, read the SEMA Garage FAQ.