By SEMA Editors
The 2016 SEMA Show is less than two weeks away. Here are some exhibitor tips, deadlines and key information to help exhibitors with their remaining Show planning and preparation.
Exhibitors: Access the ESM
The Exhibitor Services Manual (ESM) contains information about virtually every item any exhibitor needs in order to set a budget, acquire booth space, set up and coordinate displays and garner sales leads. The ESM is available online at www.SEMAShow.com/esm.
The 7 Things Successful SEMA Show Exhibitors Must Do
With exhibitor interest soaring, SEMA Trade Show Director Tom Gattuso’s “The 7 Things Successful SEMA Show Exhibitors Must Do” presentation has been moved to the Westgate Theater.
Due to overwhelming interest, Show management has moved the education session, “The 7 Things Successful SEMA Show Exhibitors Must Do,” to the International Westgate Theater. The larger, 1,600-seat venue will accommodate the influx of SEMA Show exhibitors eager to learn proven tactics that can be put to use immediately on the Show floor.
The session is scheduled for Monday, October 31, and will feature SEMA’s Show director—20-year trade show veteran Tom Gattuso. With four days to take advantage of buyer traffic, developing a plan is a vital step to boosting Show outreach and capitalizing on new business.
Gattuso’s advice and tips are based on experience, buyer tendencies, and industry trends, and are intended to help exhibitors build and strengthen buyer-seller relationships.
To read more about “The 7 Things Successful SEMA Show Exhibitors Must Do,” click here.
First New Products Showcase Entry Still Free - Submit products here.
The first new-product submission in the New Products Showcase is free. The fee is $150 for each additional product entered into the Showcase. The New Products Showcase is the No. 1 destination for buyers and media and one of the best values offered to exhibitors. To learn more, visit the SEMA Show website.
The New Products Showcase is the No. 1 destination for buyers and media and one of the best values offered to exhibitors. To learn more, visit the SEMA Show website.
Upcoming Exhibitor Deadlines
October 21 - EAC - Exhibitor-Appointed Contractor Proof of Insurance Deadline
October 21 - Members Lounge Conference Room Reservation
October 21 - Photography Order - Expo Ease
October 21 - Plant and Floral Order - Expo Ease
October 31 - Onsite Press Releases/Kits submitted to the Media Center in #S220
November 2 - Last Day to pick up Banquet Tickets at the Show
November 4 - Onsite Registration Closes at 2:00 p.m.
- Complimentary shuttle service to the AAPEX Show at the Sands Expo Center will run every 5–10 minutes, Tuesday–Thursday, from 7:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m., Friday from 7:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. (no midday service). Pick up/drop off locations will be at the East end of the Performance Pavilion and North Hall Door 10.
SEMA Show Loop
- The SEMA Show Loop is available to transport Showgoers from one side of the LVCC to the other. Available Tuesday–Thursday 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., shuttles will run every 15 minutes and stop at the Westgate Hotel, North Hall Door 10, east end of the South Hall and east end of the Performance Pavilion. These will be 25-passenger mini buses marked “SEMA Show Loop.”
- Shuttle service to McCarran International Airport will run every 30 minutes on Thursday, November 3, from 7:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. and Friday, November 4, from 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. The airport shuttles will pick up at North Hall Door 10 and the east end of the Performance Pavilion. The one-way trip cost is $10 per person, cash only. Pay at the bus.
Monorail - Discounted Tickets Available
- The LV Monorail has extended its hours for the SEMA Show. Board the Monorail as early as 6:00 a.m. Tuesday–Friday. Service continues until 2:00 a.m. on Tuesday–Thursday, and 3:00 a.m. on Friday. With a station location right in front of the LVCC, the monorail is a fast and easy way to travel from the Strip to the SEMA Show. Purchase your discounted tickets in advance at tickets.lvmonorail.com/sema2016 or visit a Monorail station.
Taxis & Limousines
There are two designated drop-off and pick-up areas during the SEMA Show. These transportation hubs are located on the East side of the Performance Pavilion and in the Blue Lot on the East end of the Grand Lobby, adjacent to the Central Hall.
Uber and Lyft
- Designated drop-off/pick-up locations will be available for Showgoers using Uber or Lyft to get to and from the LVCC.
Exhibitors interested in receiving a vehicle wipe-down each day of the Show must apply by Friday, October 7.
Mothers Polishes-Waxes-Cleaners Offers Free Vehicle Wipe-Downs
Mothers Polishes-Waxes-Cleaners will sponsor a free vehicle wipe-down program for 2016 SEMA Show exhibitors. The service is limited to the first 200 exhibitors on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested exhibitors need to apply by Friday, October 7. One booth or feature vehicle per exhibitor is eligible and will receive a wipe-down each day of the Show.
All program participants will receive a Mothers decal that must be displayed in a highly visible area on the vehicle for the duration of the Show. All of the Show’s registered feature vehicles will also receive a free package of Mothers car care products and an entry card for the Mothers Shine Award.
Weego to Provide Free Jump Starts at 2016 SEMA Show
Weego is the Authorized SEMA Jump Starting Service Sponsor for the 2016 SEMA Show. Before, during and after the Show, the company will have service techs ready to provide jump starts to any feature or booth vehicle exhibiting in the Show. Exhibitors can text their location to 844-805-2906 or tweet to @myweego for help.
Large signs placed throughout the Show, promotional post cards, social media posts and trade ads will announce and provide instructions of how to contact Weego for a jump start. Weego will be exhibiting at the Westgate in Booth #16007.