By SEMA Editors
Chevrolet has extended the submissions deadline for its SEMA Design Awards Program. Builders are urged to contact Rich Downing with any immediate questions and submissions.
The deadline for initial submissions for this year’s Chevrolet SEMA Design Awards Program has been extended. Please see submission process, requirements, vehicles/themes of interest, award categories and award benefits below:
- Contact Rich Downing with initial submissions prior to September 15 to be considered for inclusion in pre-SEMA Show marketing activities.
- Submit final or as close to final photographs (front ¾, rear ¾, engine and interior), theme/content description and intended vehicle display location to Rich Downing by October 14, 2016, to be considered for an award.
- Preservation of the production Chevrolet emblem, if originally equipped, on the front of vehicle (gold or black bowtie for current vehicles).
- Use of a Chevrolet powertrain (mixing or matching fuel types and generations is acceptable).
- Willing to support Chevrolet marketing activities.
- Your plan for additional promotion and events for the vehicle beyond the 2016 SEMA Show.
- Use of current model-year Chevrolet vehicles, Chevrolet Performance Parts, accessories and crate engines is recommended, but not required.
Vehicles/Themes of Interest to Chevrolet:
- ’16 Camaro, Colorado (gas and diesel), Silverado (LD and HD), Tahoe, Suburban, Cruze and Trax.
- Innovative Chevy crate engine usage or integration.
- Innovative use of Chevy Performance Parts & Accessories.
- Innovative new technology integration.
Award Categories: (six total)
- Chevy SEMA Car of the Year.
- Chevy SEMA Truck of the Year.
- Chevy SEMA People’s Choice.
- Chevy SEMA Classic of the Year.
- Best use of Chevy Performance crate engine.
- Best use of Chevy Performance parts and accessories.
- Announcement of awards program details at Chevrolet media reveal.
- Exclusive award recipients reveal and reception.
- Announcement and coverage of award recipients on Chevrolet.com, TheBLOCK.com and other social media channels.
- Exclusive video of award recipients with GM Design team members during the SEMA Show.
- Detailed feature article on TheBLOCK.com during the month of November.
- Exclusive photo book featuring behind-the-scenes images of builders and GM design.
Note: The winner must provide release and consent as requested by GM, including but not limited to publication of the winner’s work, winner’s name, likeness and voice as a condition to receiving the above award and benefits.