By Della Domingo
One of the Virtual Reality Driving Experiences at the SEMA Show will allow Showgoers a chance to sit in the cockpit of the 850hp Trophy Truck with Baja 1000 champion Rob MacCachren.
The hottest trends in Virtual Reality (VR) video and Augmented Reality (AR) video will take center stage at the 2016 SEMA Show, where Showgoers can view a series of automotive-themed experiential demonstrations and learn how the technology can be applied to all areas of automotive aftermarket product sales, marketing and development. Featuring live VR broadcasting, 360-degree video and fully immersive VR and AR experiences, the SEMA VR Experience will be located in SEMA Central—one of the top locations of the SEMA Show found in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
One of the highlights of the SEMA VR Experience is a captivating 360-degree video presentation of the Diamond Bar, California-based SEMA Garage, including a tour of the Installation Center, Emissions Lab, Photo Studio, 3D scanner and 3D printer and more. The complete SEMA VR Experience will include:
- Live 360-degree Video Broadcast Demonstration: With special cameras placed around the SEMA Show, see how 360-degree video can enhance live social-media event broadcasts.
- SEMA Garage 360-degree Video Tour: Join “Overhaulin’s” Adrienne Janic “AJ” as she virtually transports you to a complete tour of the 15,000-sq.-ft. SEMA Garage facility.
- VR Driver Experience: Immerse yourself in a tire-test driving experience with virtual instructors by your side, or sit in the middle of the action with ambassadors from the worlds of professional road racing, off-road racing, water skiing and bass fishing. You will also be able to sit in the cockpit of an 850 Horsepower Trophy Truck with Baja 1000 champion Rob MacCachren.
- Augmented Reality Parts Catalog Demonstration: Using sophisticated viewing technology, see how a parts catalog can come to life, with 3D holograms of parts literally floating off the catalog pages.
- Augmented Reality Car Customization Demonstration: Using new AR technology, see a fullsize sports car come to life before your eyes, and have the opportunity to select body color, racing stripes, wheels/tires and other modifications in virtual reality.
“The SEMA Garage 360-degree video tour is a great reason in and of itself to check out all of the cutting-edge demonstrations at the SEMA VR Experience,” said Peter MacGillivray, SEMA vice president of communications and events. “The added bonus is that SEMA Showgoers will be able to experience how virtual reality and augmented reality work, and learn how these new experiential video technologies can benefit their bottom line.”
VR and related technology, such as augmented reality, which powers Pokeman Go, are quickly being used as sales tools and influencing customer behavior. Businesses are able to use VR to tell stories and create deep, meaningful experiences. Showgoers can experience this amazing new video technology by visiting the SEMA VR Experience, located at SEMA Central during the SEMA Show, November 1–4, 2016, in Las Vegas.