By SEMA Washington, D.C., Staff
Nearly 125 official events were held to celebrate the classics of the past and the future during this year’s Collector Car Appreciation Day.
On July 8, 2016, SEMA members joined with car clubs, businesses and thousands of enthusiasts to celebrate the seventh annual Collector Car Appreciation Day (CCAD). A wide range of events were held in the United States and Canada to commemorate the day. The celebration was designated by a SEMA-requested U.S. Senate Resolution 507 (S. Res. 507) that was sponsored by U.S. Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Jon Tester (D-MT).
The U.S. Senate Resolution recognizes “that the collection and restoration of historic and classic cars is an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States.” Lawmakers in states, counties and local areas all over the U.S. and Canada followed the Senate’s lead. The states of Louisiana, West Virginia and Wisconsin, as well as the Canadian Provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan, adopted their own resolutions commemorating the day.
Nearly 125 official events were held to celebrate the classics of the past and the future. These events included car club cruise-ins, open houses at SEMA-member companies, specialty shows at automobile museums and “drive your collector car to work” displays. A detailed summary and online photo gallery of CCAD celebrations are available on the SEMA Action Network’s (SAN) website at www.semaSAN.com/CCAD.
SEMA Member CCAD Event Hosts
- Automobile Driving Museum – El Segundo, California
- Antique Automobile Club of America Museum – Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Blacktop Depot – Orange, California
- Coker Tire Co. – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Daniels Performance Group – Smithfield, Virginia
- D&S Automotive Collision & Restyling – Mentor, Ohio
- Dr. Detail – Fullerton, California
- Eckler Industries – Titusville, Florida
- Eastwood Company – Pottstown, Pennsylvania
- The Filling Station – Lebanon, Oregon
- Goodguys Rod & Custom Association – Columbus, Ohio
- Hemmings Motor News – Bennington, Vermont
- Mild to Wild Classics – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Nancy Perry Productions – Glendale, Arizona
- OC Car Guy – Buena Park, California
- QA1 – Lakeville, Minnesota
- Speedway Motors, Inc. – Lincoln, Nebraska
- Steele Rubber Products – Denver, North Carolina
- Volkswagen Group of America (VWGOA) – Auburn Hills, Michigan
- York Nostalgia – York, Pennsylvania