By SEMA Editors
Chevrolet has revised its SEMA Design Awards Program. Builders are urged to contact Rich Downing with any immediate questions and submissions.
This year’s Chevrolet SEMA Design Awards program will feature a significant number of enhancements:
- Preservation of the production Chevrolet emblem, if originally equipped, on the front of vehicle (gold or black bowtie for current vehicles).
- Use of a Chevrolet powertrain (mixing or matching fuel types and generations is ok).
- Willing to support Chevrolet marketing activities.
- Your plan for additional promotion and events for the vehicle beyond the 2016 SEMA Show.
- Submit photographs (front ¾, rear ¾, engine and interior), theme/content description and intended vehicle display location by October 14, 2016.
- Use of current model-year Chevrolet vehicles, Chevrolet Performance Parts, accessories and crate engines.
- Submit initial vehicle theme/content description, rendering and in-process photos no later than June 15, 2016, and Chevrolet will recognize your work toward the award.
Vehicles/Themes of Interest to Chevrolet:
- ’16 Camaro, Colorado (gas and diesel), Silverado (LD and HD), Tahoe, Suburban, Cruze and Trax.
- Innovative Chevy crate engine usage or integration.
- Innovative use of Chevy Performance Parts & Accessories.
- Innovative new technology integration.
Award Categories: (six total)
- Chevy SEMA Car of the Year.
- Chevy SEMA Truck of the Year.
- Chevy SEMA People’s Choice.
- Chevy SEMA Classic of the Year.
- Best use of Chevy Performance crate engine.
- Best use of Chevy Performance parts and accessories.
- Announcement of awards program details at Chevrolet media reveal.
- Exclusive award recipients reveal and reception.
- Announcement and coverage of award recipients on Chevrolet.com, TheBLOCK.com and other social media channels.
- Exclusive video of award recipients with GM Design team members during the SEMA Show.
- Detailed feature article on TheBLOCK.com during the month of November.
- Exclusive photo book featuring behind-the-scenes images of builders and GM design.
- Additional benefits will be announced at a later date.
Builders are urged to contact Rich Downing with questions and submissions.