By SEMA News
Jim Trainor (center), product public relations senior group manager of Hyundai Motor Co., accepted the AutoJudge Award for Car of the Year from automotive journalist Alan Gell (right) and Focus Daily News Publisher Marlon Hanson (left).
The AutoJudge Awards for automobiles, SUVs and pickups were presented at a Monday press conference at the 2015 SEMA Show. In the selection process, a panel of automotive journalists spent the year test-driving vehicles and providing feedback to consumers, who then cast their votes in each category.
Taking the consumer perspectives into account, the judges selected the ultimate winners. This is the ninth year the awards have been presented at the Show.
The 2015 Winners are:
- AUTOJUDGE CAR OF THE YEAR: Hyundai Genesis
- AUTOJUDGE SUV OF THE YEAR: Ford Explorer Platinum
- AUTOJUDGE PICKUP TRUCK OF THE YEAR: Ford F-150
- COMPACT SEDAN: Volkswagen Golf
- MIDSIZE SEDAN: Chrysler 200
- FULLSIZE SEDAN: Hyundai Genesis
- SPORTS CAR: Ford Mustang
- LUXURY CAR: Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- PLUG-IN ELECTRIC VEHICLE: Kia Soul EV
- VAN: Chrysler Town & Country
- COMPACT SUV: Nissan Rogue
- MIDSIZE SUV: Jeep Cherokee
- SUV OF THE YEAR: Ford Explorer Platinum
- MIDSIZE OFF-ROAD TRUCK: Toyota Tacoma
- MIDSIZE ON-ROAD TRUCK: Chevrolet Colorado
- FULLSIZE TRUCK: Ford F-150
- BEST NEW CAR INTRODUCTION: Chevrolet Camaro
- BEST NEW TRUCK INTRODUCTION: Nissan Titan