By Della Domingo
The 2015 SEMA Show Mobile App features custom turn-by-turn navigating directions, the most up-to-date exhibitor list and now the ability to scan products in the New Products Showcase.
The 2015 SEMA Show Mobile App is making it easier than ever for Showgoers to navigate the four-day trade show, as well as obtain exhibitor and product information. The 2015 SEMA Show Mobile App features custom turn-by-turn navigating directions, the most up-to-date exhibitor list, and—new this year—the ability to scan products in the New Products Showcase to create a customized list that buyers and media can use during and after the Show.
“The mobile app’s scanning ability empowers users to build a product list that meets their specific needs,” said Peter MacGillivray, SEMA vice president of communications and events. “Users control what products are included on their list, and they have complete ownership of that list. It’s great for identifying what booths to visit, and it helps with post-Show follow-up.”
In addition to using the mobile app as a scanner in the New Products Showcase and searching for exhibitors, seminars or special events, the 2015 SEMA Show Mobile App has the ability to:
- Create a custom list of exhibitors to visit by bookmarking them. After bookmarking the exhibitors, users can view all the selected companies on a single map and chart the best route to visit them. The list can be emailed and include notes for each exhibitor.
- Flag the exhibitors you visited. Great for post-Show follow-up, the list will provide contact information and details for all the exhibitors you met with during the SEMA Show. Again, you can include notes along the way.
- View a comprehensive list of educational seminars, celebrity appearances and networking events by day or by category. Flag the events that interest you and create a personalized schedule, then rate the seminars you attend quickly and easily using the mobile app.
- Easily access transportation details, including where the transportation hubs are located at the Show, and which hotels are included in the free hotel shuttle service.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news through SEMA’s social media feeds, available directly through the mobile app.
To download the mobile app, visit the SEMA Show website. Showgoers can also search “SEMA 2015” in the smartphone app store.
A web version is available for those whose mobile devices are not compatible with traditional apps.