Featuring a reception, dinner and entertainment, the SEMA Industry Awards Banquet is just one of the special events that takes place at the SEMA Show.
By Becca Butler
With just three months left until the 2015 SEMA Show, exhibitor deadlines are fast approaching, and many companies have already kicked their Show plans into high gear. Here are some key things to check off your list this month:
- Update your Show Directory listing: For many buyers, your company description is the only thing they will read to determine if they will visit your booth. In addition to appearing in the printed Show Directory, your company listing will appear in the online version and the mobile app. Your listing is limited to 60 words, so be sure to take advantage of the entire listing and choose your words wisely. Updates are posted to the website immediately, but to ensure that your edits are included in the printed materials, submit your changes on or before August 28. Exhibitors should be receiving an email in early August with special instructions on how to update their Show Directory listing. If you do not receive this email, contact Brendan Gillespie at email@example.com.
- Order special event tickets, including banquet tickets: The Internet and email have made it easy for companies to conduct business without the need to travel. However, personal face-to-face communication remains essential to a strong, productive business partnership. As the premier automotive trade gathering in the world, the SEMA Show is the best place to connect with others in the automotive specialty-equipment industry. There are many special events where exhibitors can connect with others in a social setting. And while exhibitors may obtain free tickets to some of these events, tickets are limited and must be confirmed at www.SEMAShow.com/special-events.
- Determine how you’re getting your materials to the SEMA Show: If your booth materials are ready to be delivered to the SEMA Show in advance, you may want to consider shipping the items to the Freeman Warehouse. The Freeman Warehouse will begin accepting materials on September 24, up until October 21. After that date, materials can be sent to the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) Marshalling Yard (October 29–November 2), or driven in an employee-driven car, truck, van or trailer to the LVCC on set-up days (October 31–November 2). Shipping in advance to the Freeman Warehouse is the best option if you want to set up your booth by your target time, but it means that you’ll need to start planning now to make sure your materials are ready to ship within the stated dates. For more information, check the Freight Target Dates and Times form or contact your account rep. Scheduled target times are available in the Exhibitor Services Manual.
- Submit your product training session application: Many buyers benefit from seeing the technical application of products via a demonstration. In fact, buyers are more influenced to purchase from an exhibitor after seeing their products in action. Exhibitors may host a product training session during the SEMA Show by filling out an application here. Your session will be promoted on the website, on-site signage and, if the application is received by August 21, in the Show Directory schedule of events.
- Submit your celebrity appearance listing: Having a celebrity appearance in your booth is an additional way to drive more traffic to your exhibit space. Be included on the official celebrity appearance schedule by filling out an application here. The earlier you submit your application, the better. The official schedule will be promoted beginning in early September. Don’t miss the opportunity to have your celebrity appearance promoted in SEMA eNews, SEMA News, the SEMA Show Daily and at www.SEMAShow.com.
Are you on track? Make sure you keep up to date with the deadlines checklist and check back for next month’s list. View July’s exhibitor checklist here. For more information about the tools and resources available to help exhibitors get the greatest ROI, contact an account rep at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-396-0289.