By Linda Spencer
The SEMA China Business Development Tour will take place in September. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with pre-vetted distributors and retailers from throughout China.
Join SEMA for breakfast on Wednesday, July 22, at 9:00 a.m., at the SEMA headquarters in Diamond Bar, California, to learn about how businesses can most efficiently grow their international sales while avoiding common mistakes. The breakfast and briefing has been moved to the SEMA Garage, which can accommodate additional SEMA members.
Attendees will learn the following:
- The next SEMA trip abroad is in September—explore whether it makes sense for you to go based on your product and strategy.
- How to travel with SEMA to key markets with costs defrayed by the U.S. government.
- How you can take advantage of SEMA’s contacts with pre-vetted overseas buyers.
- Five common mistakes those new to exporting make and how to avoid them.
- The most promising markets for U.S. specialty-equipment products.
- Tips for connecting with the 25% of buyers at the 2015 SEMA Show who are based outside the United States.
- The top markets for Jeeps, F-150s and other popularly customized makes/models.
- What vehicles are popularly customized globally but not sold in the United States (three of these vehicles will be on-site at the breakfast).
- Top tips from peers who have successfully grown their overseas business.
- How to take advantage of SEMA’s partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce and the additional resources made possible by this collaboration.
The deadline to register is Monday, July 20, at 12:00 p.m. (PDT)