By Becca Butler
Hosting a SEMA Show press conference can be an effective way to communicate your news to a large number of reporters.
Hosting a press conference at the 2015 SEMA Show can be an effective way to communicate your news to a large number of reporters. However, they do require a great deal of time and effort and should only be considered for news announcements that appeal to a wide variety of media outlets. If you’re interested in hosting a press conference, here are a few things you should know:
- Exhibitors must submit an application by Friday, July 31, to be considered for an official SEMA Show press conference.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee an official press conference slot, nor does it guarantee that the media will show up. Exhibitors should plan on doing outreach to invite targeted media to attend their individual press conferences.
- Upon submitting an application, an automatic email will be sent to confirm that the application was received.
- If any required field is not included on the application, it will give you an error message and not allow you to submit. (Required fields include: Exhibitor Contact, Exhibitor Email, PR Contact, PR Email, Title and Subject, Preferred Date/Time and the agreements listed in red).
- Exhibitors will be notified of their status in mid-August and will receive their assigned press conference date/time by the first week of September.
- Exhibitors can learn how to host a successful press conference by watching this video.
The deadline to apply is Friday, July 31. Applications are available on the SEMA Show website. If you do not receive the automatic email or have additional questions, please contact Becca Butler at email@example.com or 909-978-6669.
For more information, contact your account rep at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-396-0289.