By SEMA Editors
The all-new ’16 Honda HR-V crossover is available for 2015 SEMA Show project vehicle proposals.
The ’16 HR-V crossover is an all-new Honda vehicle that blends the styling of a coupe and the space and utility of an SUV in one sporty, versatile multi-dimensional vehicle. The HR-V enters the fast-growing crossover market with dynamic exterior styling, performance, fuel efficiency and a spacious and versatile cabin.
Power comes from a 1.8L SOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with an i-VTEC valvetrain, producing a peak 141 hp at 6,500 rpm and 127 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,300 rpm. The engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) or a 6-speed manual transmission (LX and EX FWD only). This engine is shared with the highest-volume trims of the ’15 Civic.
The HR-V is available with front-wheel drive (CVT or MT) or with Honda's Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System (CVT only) as also used on the CR-V.
Proposal Submission Deadline: June 19, 2015
Award Recipient Notification Date: by July 10, 2015
Vehicle Delivery: Late-July/Mid-August 2015
Project Vehicle Program Goals
Honda wants to communicate and amplify the strengths of the HR-V as the right-sized, fun and active vehicle for the next generation of car buyers through project vehicle builds culminating in a display at the 2015 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
Approved projects will honor Honda logo usage restrictions. Themes that support some or all of the stock ’16 HR-V’s strengths are encouraged, with uniqueness, style and ambition earning extra consideration.
Offer and Benefits
- Giveaway of a ’16 Honda HR-V EX or EX-L Navi (please specify in proposal) to create and promote accessories and/or vendor capabilities. Value of giveaway vehicle will be less than $27,000.
- Display of the modified HR-V in the official Honda display at the 2015 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- Potential display of the modified HR-V at major auto shows around the country and Honda promotional events.
- Potential media coverage of the modified HR-V, and therefore the vendor name from the SEMA Show and through other media outreach.
- Inclusion in the SEMA Show press release from Honda with accompanying vehicle images disseminated to media and posted on Honda’s media website.
Honda requests that detailed project proposals be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 19, 2015. Include details in the categories listed below:
- Vehicle Theme: Describe very clearly your overall build theme, target audience, etc.
- Proposed vehicle modifications.
- New products potentially being developed for the HR-V through the project.
- Promotional, media and social media outreach plan prior to and beyond the SEMA Show (i.e. tour of events, specific magazine feature articles, online promotion, etc.)
- Examples of previous project vehicles and promotional activities by the applicant.
- Plans to integrate Honda Genuine Accessories for the HR-V, which will be available at no charge to vehicle recipients.
- Detailed renderings of the proposed vehicle in .jpg format.
Aftermarket companies requesting vehicles should have these capabilities:
- Financially and technically capable of building a one-off show car without financial or parts support from American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
- Willing to partner with other non-competing aftermarket companies or enthusiast publications to enhance the vehicle project.
- History of active promotion of vehicle projects with an established marketing plan.
Project vehicle recipients must:
- Commit to make the vehicle available to Honda or its dealers, if requested, for additional shows and exhibits for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Honda and model logos intact and visible.
- Commit to provide regular reports to Honda Public Relations regarding media coverage and event activity for the project vehicle for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Commit to have the completed vehicle available for photography in Torrance, California, by Monday, October 26, 2015.
- Pay applicable federal and state gift taxes on the value of the giveaway vehicle. Value of vehicle will not exceed $27,000.
To obtain digital images of the vehicle for your rendering, submit a request to email@example.com. These images or renderings based upon them may not be used for any outside promotion. Full details about and viewable photos of the ’16 Honda HR-V are available at www.hondanews.com.