By Becca Butler
Those who register before the priority deadline in October will receive their badges in the mail and won't have to wait in line upon arriving at the SEMA Show.
Manufacturers and industry buyers rely on the SEMA Show to connect with one another and do business. In fact, Showgoers invest a great deal in the SEMA Show, both financially and in time spent away from their offices. Show organizers are committed to creating a venue that is conducive to matching buyers with exhibitors and have developed a process for screening applications to ensure the most qualified industry professionals are in attendance.
“Our goal is to ensure that the SEMA Show is filled with people doing business,” said Peter MacGillivray, SEMA vice president of communications and events. “At the same time, we’ve streamlined the process so that the industry is not unnecessarily burdened.”
The following are tips to help buyers secure credentials for the SEMA Show:
- Be prepared: Before going online to complete the registration, read through the following tips. Please know that you will also be asked to provide information about your company, employee level, market category, reasons for attending the Show and the products you sell or are interested in carrying. If prepared, registration will take you around 15 minutes to complete.
- Have your qualifying materials ready to be uploaded. Those who have never attended the SEMA Show (or have not attended in recent years) are required to submit at least two documents to verify they are employed within the industry. Acceptable documents may include: a business card, business license, tax registration or business registration, recent pay check stub and/or business photo ID. Qualifying materials are also required for those who have attended in recent years, but are registering with a new company or have changes to their contact information. Although buyers who recently attended the SEMA Show and do not have any key changes to their company or contact information may not be required to show documentation, uploading new documents is still recommended.
- Register before the deadline. Registration is $25 per person until Friday, October 16. After the deadline, the price is $75. Domestic attendees who submit their registration prior to October 16, will have their badges mailed to them in advance, thus allowing them to hit the Show floor immediately when it opens in November. The international deadline is September 17. Regardless of when you register, it’s recommended that you have your credit card ready.
- Confirm your application. After submitting the online application, you will receive an e-mail confirming that your application was received. The e-mail will indicate whether you are pending—which means SEMA is reviewing your qualifying materials, or if you are approved—in which case you still must finalize the process by clicking the link in the e-mail. The approved e-mail allows Show management to verify your e-mail address and finalize the process.
- Ask for help! If you are having difficulties with the online registration form, contact customer service Monday–Friday, from 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (CDT), toll free at 866-229-3687 or email email@example.com.