Compiled by SEMA Editors
BFGoodrich Off-Road and Desert Racers Gather at the 2014 SEMA Show
SEMA Showgoers will have a unique opportunity to meet leading off-road and desert race drivers, as they gather and sign autographs at the SCORE Baja 1000 Experience located outside of South Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The autograph signings will take place during the 2014 SEMA Show, as follows:
- Casey Currie, short-course off-road racing sensation: November 4, 1:00 p.m.–1:45 p.m.; November 5, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Rob MacCachren, off-road motorsports and Motorsports Hall of Fame member: November 4, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Ryan Arciero, three-time SCORE Baja 1000 overall winner, who is continuing his family’s 60-year legacy of championship driving: November 5, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Justin "Bean" Smith, previous competitor in X-Games as FMX rider, who moved into off-road desert racing and short-course racing and has more than 30 wins and five championships: November 4, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.; November 5, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Bryce Menzies, former Baja 1000 and Baja 500 winner: November 5, 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
SCORE Qualifying Event and Press Conference Scheduled
Journalists and 2014 SEMA Showgoers are invited to attend the SCORE Press Conference and Baja 1000 Qualifying Event, Presented by BFGoodrich, taking place during the 2014 SEMA Show at the SCORE Baja 1000 Experience—a 70,000-sq.-ft. desert-racing exhibit located in front of the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC).
Activities and events schedule:
Tuesday, November 4
- Driver Autograph Session: 1:30 p.m.
- Press Conference, introducing the qualifying event, starting order draw for the race, driver and team introductions: 2:30 p.m.–2:50 p.m.
- Driver Interview and Autograph Sessions: 3:30 p.m.
- Trophy Trucks and Class 1 vehicles will start up and drive to Las Vegas Motor Speedway: 4:30 p.m.
- Practice sessions: 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Baja 1000 qualifying for Trophy Trucks and Class 1 teams: 7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 5
- Press Conference announcing the qualifying order results from Tuesday night’s event, the Method Race Wheels Fastest Qualifier Award Presentation, and more: 2:30 p.m.
The SCORE Exhibit will also include dozens of Baja 1000 Trophy Truck and Class 1 race vehicles, along with plenty of surprises for off-road and desert race fans.
Bart Tobener won the 2014 Edelbrock Renegade class championship at the NMRA World Finals.
Bart Tobener Wins NMRA Renegade Title With Holley EFI
Bart Tobener clinched the 2014 Edelbrock Renegade class championship at the NMRA World Finals, October 2. After qualifying No. 1 overall with an 8.101 at 168.37 mph timeslip, Tobener made his way through eliminations on his way to meeting Adam Arndt in the finals. Arndt took any suspense out of the situation by red-lighting. Tobener gave fans one more show, running 8.022 @ 170.28 mph to further solidify his championship claim.
13th Annual FEL-PRO NMCA World Finals Race Results
Visit the NMCA website for a full recap of the 13th annual FEL-PRO NMCA World Finals Race.