By SEMA Editors
Friday, October 10, is the final day to guarantee your company's participation in the New Products Showcase.
The 2014 SEMA Show kicks off in 26 days. Here are key exhibitor deadlines that are about to pass or are fast approaching. In addition to the deadlines outlined below, exhibitors are encouraged to continuously review the Deadline Checklist to take advantage advance rates and secure orders for the Show.
New Products Showcase
Friday, October 10, is the final day to guarantee your company's participation in the No. 1 Show destination for buyers and media—the New Products Showcase. The advance-rate deadline for New Products Showcase submissions is Friday, October 10. The first entry is free. All additional entries are $75 per category if submitted by the October 10 deadline, after which, the fee will increase to $150 per category.
SEMA Show New Product Awards Breakfast
Showgoers are invited to attend the New Products Awards Breakfast taking place November 4, at 7:30 a.m., at the Westgate Resort & Casino (formerly the LVH) by securing tickets online. Tickets to the breakfast are free, but because space it limited, they are required.
In addition to a sit-down breakfast, the event features presentations for the best new products in the industry and the SEMA Award for the industry’s hottest vehicles. As an added special tribute, legendary hot-rod engine builder Ed Pink will be presented with the Robert E. Petersen Lifetime Achievement Award during the breakfast.
Exhibitors: Is a Third Party Providing Services for You at the Show?
Exhibitors using an Exhibitor-Appointed Contractor (EAC)—any third-party contractor performing services at the Show—must complete all EAC requirements to avoid delay or extra costs. EACs must conform to the EAC rules of the SEMA Show and complete an online application to be authorized to work at the Show by the October 17, deadline. They must also provide the SEMA with a certificate of insurance in order to be authorized to work onsite.
Contractors subject to the EAC rules are any companies and/or individuals that provide services to SEMA Show exhibitors, including, but not limited to, an installation and dismantling company, exhibit builder, sound and lighting company, detailer or any person or company providing direct services other than the official contractors listed in the Exhibitor Manual.
Questions? Contact Tom Gattuso or Gina Ledesma at 909-396-0289, or e-mail SEMAEAC@sema.org.
Discounted Monorail Tickets
Exhibitors will receive a discount on Las Vegas Monorail tickets when they purchase tickets online in advance of the 2014 SEMA Show, November 4–7. Visit the Ticket Selection page on the Las Vegas Monorail website. Current offers for unlimited-ride passes are: three-day pass, $24; four-day pass, $32; and seven-day pass, $50. Monorail trains arrive every few minutes and conveniently connect riders to the Las Vegas Convention Center and the restaurants, shows, shops and casinos in Vegas.
- Booth Security Guard Service (Advance Rate)
- Cable Order (Advance Rate)
- Internet/Telephone Order (Advance Rate)
- New Products Showcase Entry (Advance Rate)
- Project Vehicle Builders
- Rental Exhibit Order Advance Rates (10x10 rentals; 10x20 rentals; 20x20 rentals)
October 17 Deadlines
- After-Hours Events
- Carpet and Cleaning Order (Advance Rate)
- Credit Card Authorization
- Electrical Order (Advance Rate)
- Exhibit Accessories (Advance Rate)
- Exhibit Furnishings (Advance Rate)
- Exhibitor-Appointed Contractor (EAC) Application
- Exhibitor Booth Insurance (if purchased from John Buttine)
- Exhibitor Product Training Sessions
- Exhibitor Registration Due – Domestic (to receive badges in the mail)
- Hanging Truss, Chain Hoist, Lighting and Stagehand Labor (Advance Rate)
- Internet/Telephone Order (Advance Rate)
- Labor, Installation and Dismantle
- Manufacturers’ Rep Matching Service
- Meeting/Function Space Reservation
- Payment-Authorization Form
- Rigging Equipment Labor Order
- Special Signs and Graphics (Advance Rate)
- Third-Party Payment
- Utilities: Air/WaterDrain Order (Advance Rate)
- Vehicle Detailing (Advance Rate)
October 21 Deadlines
October 24 Deadlines
- Advance Shipments to Freeman Warehouse
- Members Lounge Conference Room Reservation
- Freight—Last day freight will be accepted at the warehouse without penalty
Missed A Deadline?
The deadline to submit Exhibit Space Notification and Hanging Sign Design Notification forms has already passed (September 12). Exhibitors who have not submitted either of the above-mentioned forms run the risk of having their booth design and layout affected at the Show. The forms are available in the SEMA Show Exhibitor Manual. Regardless of the deadline, exhibitors MUST SUBMIT Exhibit Space Notification and Hanging Sign Design Notification forms.
For more information or questions, contact Lorri Monty at email@example.com.