By Linda Spencer
The 2014 SEMA China Business Development Tour is a low-cost, turnkey program that brings together SEMA-member manufacturers and buyers from throughout China. Pictured here is Al Azadi, president of Omix-ADA, meeting with buyers in Beijing on the 2013 trip.
From truck accessories to under-the-hood performance-enhancing products, the specialty-equipment market's luxury segment has a lot of potential for SEMA members. To learn more about this market, participate in the SEMA China Business Development Tour.
For one low cost, participating SEMA members will:
- Exhibit at events in both Beijing and Shanghai where they will have the opportunity to meet with pre-vetted distributors and retailers from throughout China.
- Get in on the ground level at what is likely to be one of the largest consumer markets for specialty products, if not the largest.
- Gain insight into the growing specialty market for the 1.3 billion Chinese consumers—learn what sells, what’s in demand and for which applications through networking opportunities with retailers, wholesalers and local media.
- Begin promoting your brand to Chinese buyers now through SEMA pre-event outreach to buyers.
- U.S. government support is available for qualified companies.
The trip includes a four-night hotel stay, travel between Beijing and Shanghai, meals, a turnkey booth and interpreters in both Beijing and Shanghai.