By SEMA Editors
The SEMA Data Co-op (SDC) is looking to hire a membership manager to recruit, manage and maintain member relationships, in addition to assisting the director of membership with marketing matters for event preparation and other SDC promotions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Actively participating in SDC membership recruitment, assisting members during on-boarding and being an important point-of-contact for member inquiries.
- Actively participating in membership outreach efforts, including but not limited to the following:
- Following up of leads from every source, including website and referrals.
- Proactive prospecting based on industry knowledge, networking and SEMA member lists.
- Consistent follow-up on progress and satisfaction of members.
- Attending industry events (e.g., SEMA Show, PWA, PRI, etc.) where recruitment and retention is a primary focus.
- Actively participating in SDC member benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Coordination with the Help Desk on any member service issues.
- Compilation and communication of member feedback to the Help Desk.
- Implementing any new SDC benefits or programs.
- Assisting with the development of new content related to member benefits for any available venue, including:
- SEMA News.
- SEMA eNews.
- Program-related e-mail communications.
- Participating in interaction with SEMA councils, committees and networks to educate and enable effective SDC communications.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of membership or senior management team of the SDC.
Primary Skills and Requirements:
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador of the SDC to members and prospects.
- Have effective supervisory and leadership skills.
- Have strong sales and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and association management software.
- Be a skilled communicator with strong organizational and facilitation skills both on the phone and face to face.
- A willingness to learn new software programs.
- A four-year college degree is required.
- Project management experience is preferred.
This position will be located in SEMA's Diamond Bar, California, office, and will report to the director of membership of the SEMA Data Co-op. The candidate will interact with SEMA staff in all departments, the Help Desk and other outsourced staff. This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, relationships or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to Linda Czarkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.