By SEMA Editors
Honda is offering the ’15 Fit for project vehicle builds culminating in a display at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
Honda is offering the ’15 Fit for project car builds culminating in a display at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Approved projects will maintain at least the original engine (no engine swaps, but other power-adding options are open), maintain the original five-door configuration and honor Honda logo usage restrictions. Themes that support some or all of the stock ’15 Fit’s strengths are encouraged, with uniqueness, style and ambition earning extra consideration.
The all-new ’15 Honda Fit is a premium small car that offers a class-leading combination of fuel-efficiency, passenger and cargo space, standard feature content and innovative connectivity technology, according to the manufacturer. It's powered by a 130hp 1.5L DOHC 16-valve direct-injected i-VTEC engine and an available six-speed manual transmission. The Fit has the ability to both comfortably seat five passengers and haul a cargo despite its small size.
Proposal Submission Deadline: June 2, 2014
Award Recipient Notification Date: by June 16, 2014
Vehicle Delivery: Late June/Early July 2014
Project Car Offer and Benefits
- Giveaway of a ’15 Honda Fit EX with a six-speed manual transmission (black exterior and black interior) to create and promote accessories and/or vendor capabilities. Value of the giveaway vehicle will be less than $22,000.
- Promotion of the project vehicle build process via a Honda-branded website and social media channels.
- Display of the modified Fit in the official Honda display at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- Potential display of the modified Fit at major auto shows around the country and at Honda promotional events.
- Potential media coverage of the modified Fit and therefore the vendor name from the SEMA Show and through other media outreach.
Honda requests that interested parties submit their detailed project proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1, 2014. Include details in the categories listed below:
- Vehicle Theme: Describe very clearly your overall build theme, target audience, etc.
- Proposed vehicle modifications.
- New products potentially being developed for the Fit through the project.
- Promotional, media and social media outreach plan prior to and beyond the SEMA Show (i.e. tour of events, specific magazine feature articles, online promotion, etc.). Having your own Tumblr page is preferred for integration with Honda's promotional plans.
- Examples of previous project vehicles and promotional activities by the applicant.
- Detailed renderings of the proposed vehicle in .jpg format.
Aftermarket companies requesting vehicles should have the following capabilities:
- Be financially and technically capable of building a one-off show car without financial or parts support from American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
- Be willing to partner with other non-competing aftermarket companies or enthusiast publications to enhance the vehicle project.
- A history of active promotion of vehicle projects with an established marketing plan.
For Project Vehicle Recipients:
- Commit to creating weekly progress reports during the vehicle build process, including photos, video and commentary. (Likely to be featured on a Tumblr page created by and for each participant.)
- Grant Honda the right to use content from the weekly progress reports and assist Honda in acquiring usage rights from any sponsors or individuals whose logos or images might appear in that content.
- Commit to make the vehicle available to Honda or its dealers, if requested, for additional shows and exhibits for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Honda and model logos intact and visible.
- Commit to provide regular reports to Honda Public Relations regarding media coverage and event activity for the project vehicle for a minimum of two years from the initial delivery date.
- Commit to have the completed vehicle available for photography in Torrance, California, by Monday, October 27, 2014.
- Pay applicable federal and state gift taxes on the value of the giveaway vehicle. Value of vehicle will not exceed $22,000.
To obtain digital images of the vehicle for your rendering, submit a request to email@example.com. These images or renderings based upon them may not be used for any outside promotion. Full details about and viewable photos of the ’15 Honda Fit are available at www.hondanews.com.