By Brian Paik
For many SEMA Show exhibitors, holding promotions or contests can be an effective way to increase brand awareness.
Holding promotions or contests can be an effective way to increase brand awareness. For many SEMA Show exhibitors, the prize package may include a trip or admission to the SEMA Show. The first step to a successful SEMA Show contest is to register your promotion and follow the approved guidelines. Basic guidelines include:
- The promotion must clearly state that the SEMA Show is a trade-only event and is not open to the general public.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to order "exhibitor" badges for any non-employees, including winners of the contests.
- Special instructions will be provided about how exhibitors can purchase badges for their contest winners.
- All winners who receive badges must be at least 16 years old.
- There is a limit of five badges for non-trade winners. There is no limit to the number of winners from the trade.
Brian Paik is the SEMA account rep for the SEMA Show's Business Services, Global Tire Expo and Tools & Equipment sections. He can be reached at email@example.com, 909-978-6677.