By Arlene Wood
Opening its doors in 1979, R&R Marketing remains extremely active more than 30 years later, as the company accepts the 2012 SEMA Manufacturer's Rep Agency of the Year award.
The 2012 SEMA Warehouse Distributor of the year trophy was presented to Premier Performance, and SEMA President and CEO Chris Kersting (left) and SEMA's Immediate Past Chairman of the Board Scooter Brothers (right) posed with the winning team.
The finalists have been announced for two of SEMA's prestigious industry awards—the SEMA Rep Agency of the Year and the SEMA WD of the Year. These awards—along with the SEMA Person of the Year Award and the newly created SEMA Gen-3 Innovator Award—will be presented during the SEMA Industry Awards Banquet at the 2013 SEMA Show, Thursday, November 7, at the Las Vegas Hotel.
2013 SEMA Rep Agency of the Year Finalists
The SEMA Rep Agency of the Year Award has been established to honor a rep agency for their outstanding contribution to the industry during the past 12 months corresponding with the SEMA fiscal year—July 1 through June 30. The SEMA Rep Agency of the Year Award is chosen based on the following criteria:
- SEMA involvement (i.e., member, service on committees, task forces, councils, board, etc.).
- Quality and frequency of calls to the WD.
- Knowledge of terms and policies of lines/products represented (i.e., technical, general, presentation).
- Communication of critical information between the supplier and client network and vice versa.
- Ability to provide the services required by the manufacturer and the WD.
- Effective implementation of manufacturers’ programs in a timely manner.
- Maintains current and up-to-date catalogs/database files and price sheets/pricing files.
- Consistently reviews and writes up product warranties in a timely manner.
- Does periodic inventory reviews to ensure WD’s product coverage and inventory turns.
- Integrity of the agency in all operations.
- Conscientious and timely follow-through by reps on specific issues.
- Pursuit of new marketing opportunities.
- Maintains continuous training and education programs.
- Troubleshoots and attempts to resolve any problems related to a rep’s line/product.
- Supports and actively participates in WD open houses and other events.
- Makes in-field jobber calls on behalf of the WD and manufacturer and report’s findings.
2013 SEMA WD of the Year Finalists
The SEMA WD of the Year Award was established to honor a warehouse distributor for their outstanding contribution to the industry during the past 12 months corresponding with the SEMA fiscal year—July 1 through June 30. The SEMA WD of the Year Award is chosen based on the following criteria:
- SEMA involvement (i.e., member, ambassador, service on committees, task forces, councils, board, etc.).
- Works with jobbers for sales training and support programs.
- Promptly distributes catalogs, price sheets, merchandising aids and general collateral materials.
- Attends industry shows and events.
- Creates programs to further the suppliers' and resellers' chances for successfully getting the product to the consumer.
- Maintains proper inventories to service resellers on a timely basis.
- Provides suppliers with input and regular communication to help their products and programs succeed.
- Allows for regular training of their personnel to keep them updated on new products, promotions and trends through rep, factory and/or industry training.
- Presents suppliers, their products and promotions to the reseller in a professional manner.
- Operates in a professional and efficient manner.
- Regularly pays their bills as agreed and in a timely manner.
- Provides the means to get supplier products to the reseller in a timely and efficient manner.
The SEMA Industry Awards Banquet takes place Thursday, November 7, 2013, at the Las Vegas Hotel, beginning at 6:00 p.m. with a cocktail reception. Individuals with SEMA Show credentials can order tickets online.
Visit www.SEMAShow.com for the latest Show information and to register for the 2013 SEMA Show.