SEMA is working with the U.S. Customs and Border
Protection (CBP) to provide a more convenient way in which SEMA Showgoers can take advantage of the
membership benefits of its Global Entry Trusted Traveler program.
SEMA has announced that it is working with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to provide an added benefit of attending the SEMA Show and a more convenient way in which you can take advantage of the membership benefits of its Global Entry Trusted Traveler program.
What is Global Entry?
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, Dutch citizens, Qatari nationals and Mexican nationals. Canadian citizens and residents may enjoy Global Entry benefits through membership in the NEXUS program. Though intended for frequent international travelers, there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program. Participants may enter the United States by using automated kiosks located at select airports.
How Does the Global Entry Program Work?
At airports, program participants proceed to Global Entry kiosks, present their machine-readable U.S. passport or permanent resident card, place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification and make a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveler a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit.
Benefits for Global Entry Members
Your time is valuable. As a pre-screened Global Entry member, you arrive in the United States, check-in at the Global Entry kiosk and you're on your way.
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Available at major U.S. airports
- Reduced wait times
- Participation in the TSA Pre-Check program
At this year’s SEMA Show, CBP will host on-site enrollments for the Global Entry program October 30–31, 2012, from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. in Las Vegas.
On-site enrollment will be offered exclusively to SEMA Show attendees and exhibitors who have:
- Applied for Global Entry by October 22, 2012, through the online application and paid the application fee.
- Received a conditional approval prior to the start of the conference.
- Scheduled an interview at the SEMA Show by using the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). The Enrollment Center location will be "FOLA October 2012."
- A valid passport and second form of identification (i.e. driver’s license or ID card) with them to present at the time of the interview. Lawful permanent residents must present their permanent resident card.
This is a great new program offered by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and SEMA is pleased to be one of the first large trade shows to host this innovative program that will assist many of its members when they conduct international travel. Apply today!
For more information, visit www.globalentry.gov.